subtle racist and sexist things you do and think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CakeEater

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
The only reason I don’t support AFLW is because my own club doesn’t have a team which is in that league yet :( . I tried to adopt the Crows (who are my second favourite men’s team) but my heart was just not in it . Watching it just made me feel jealous . When we join next year , I’ll watch support us and all of our games . Would definitely attend a double header too . I recently attended a scorchers double header and loved it .
The dockers will have you

Ron The Bear

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
What about the poofter stick you use in pool?
One of my mates who's a phenomenal player becomes infuriated if anyone uses it. It's at the stage where I get it out where it's totally unnecessary, just to try to make him lose it.

Anyway whenever one of our subcontinental friends comes out to bat, I'll often drag a fielder over to the leg side on the presumption that he'll be a "wristy" player. Similarly, anyone with obvious Caribbean ancestry is expected to bowl smoke. It's a bit like that movie Soul Man where a kid paints himself black to get a scholarship and the two basketball captains fight over him, sight unseen. (Turns out he can't play for shit.)

Gough

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moderator #956
Fag hag is a term I find humourous.

I still use the term "gay" to describe things that suck, never has had any homophobic undertones when I've used it.
I'm not super offended by people using gay as a pejorative but I'd sooner they didn't and I'm glad the use of the word in that context is dying out.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Devon Shields **** Yes
I'm not super offended by people using gay as a pejorative but I'd sooner they didn't and I'm glad the use of the word in that context is dying out.
But you're okay with poofter stick?
I loved fags when i was a kid

Or as they are known now.. fads
I have a feeling they're not known as that or anything else anymore as they stopped selling them altogether as the smoking association was just as bad as the gay one. I might have imagined this though.
I would rather stand on the bus or train than sit next to an aboriginal, as I always assume they smell bad.
Was at a restaurant last night and the waiter had rampant bo. Seriously, **** off with that shit.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LAL-MMA-Victory-CFC-Eagles
I have a feeling they're not known as that or anything else anymore as they stopped selling them altogether as the smoking association was just as bad as the gay one. I might have imagined this though.
Definitly still around. Just called fads and no longer have the red tip to look like a lit smoke. Just shitty tasting, hard as a rock "candy sticks" now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
AFL Club
Geelong
Well to an older Jew, probably. Know a few younger Jewish guys and no issue with it. Not like I'm going "hey Jew" then handing them a copy of Mein Kampf.
There's a bunch of words where the level of racism varies on context. Wog, Jew, Abo, Paki etc.

'strayans love a good abbreviation. Was completely normal in the 90s to call the touring Pakistan cricket team the Pakis but these days we've caught up with the UK and their meaning so it's no longer used. I've seen people (who live and work with Aboriginal people every day) use the term Abo in a friendly way. I've never heard someone say 'boong' or 'coon' without some kind of mean spirited intent.
No, no, no, no!

Jew is not an abbreviation, pejorative or otherwise.
It's like 'woman' or 'black'.

MWPP

Magical Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
Hold my breath when I walk past an Indian
We don’t all smell like curry. Ffs.
I'm sad and embarrassed when I think about it now, but I have memories of throwing away my school lunches because of the comments :/
Being the only brown kid at my small primary school in NZ sucked at the time :(

Top Bottom