subtle racist and sexist things you do and think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chargers 09

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
One of my eccentric gay family members uses the term “Queens” when describing old homosexuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akkaps

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm sad and embarrassed when I think about it now, but I have memories of throwing away my school lunches because of the comments :/
Being the only brown kid at my small primary school in NZ sucked at the time :(
Lunches packed in tiffins with the leftovers from the night before. Hahah. :(

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Thinking back to primary school days there were only a a couple of Indian kids and I don't remember them having lunches that seemed different or weird to the rest of us at the time. There was a Chinese kid who got a bit of grief IIRC.

If someone packed me a lunch of curry, rice, garlic naan etc. today I'd be ******* stoked.

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
I watched an old Asian dude try and park a Mitsubishi Pajero at the servo the other week. I knew he was an old Asian guy because his old Asian wife had already got out of the car to direct him. There's enough room at this particular servo to land a 747 between the pumps and he took about 8 goes at it and ended up at least a metre, probably a metre and a half from the bowser at an angle of 15-20 degrees. It would have annoyed the **** out of me if there weren't other free pumps but since I wasn't held up it was humorous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if it counts as sexist or just judgmental but if I see a girl rock up at the gym wearing make up I'll assume she's an insecure attention seeker that will pout in front of the mirror and maintain contact with her phone 100% of the time she is there.

*I'm not talking about someone going during after work with residual make up, I'm talking deliberately looking "perfect" to go there.

ShanDog

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Moderator #989
Not sure if it counts as sexist or just judgmental but if I see a girl rock up at the gym wearing make up I'll assume she's an insecure attention seeker that will pout in front of the mirror and maintain contact with her phone 100% of the time she is there.

*I'm not talking about someone going during after work with residual make up, I'm talking deliberately looking "perfect" to go there.
I assume anyone going to the gym is an insecure attention seeker

:p

Gough

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moderator #990
I'm the type that will nuzzle up to an Indian on public transport if they smell remotely like curry. Try and steal a quick lick behind their ears for some of that authentic Kashmir flavour son.
I've got new Indian neighbours who I'm buttering up with chats about the cricket hoping to get an invite for dinner because whatever they cook smells amazing.

nextyearmaybe

All Australian
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
On a train years ago an old Indian woman sitting opposite me let one rip. It was the most foul fart ever expelled in the history of mankind. I literally gagged and almost threw up. She looked at me without any hint of embarrassment as i struggled to compose myself. Twenty seconds she got off at the next stop and the people coming in were wondering what hit them.
I was so traumatized by this, that for many years after, i would hold my breath if an old Indian ( or any black woman) woman walked by. Now if i'm on a train there is no chance of me sitting next to one,haha. Thank goodness i rarely use public transport anyway.

AFL Club
Gold Coast
One thing I assume is that there is a direct correlation between intelligence/education attained and political leanings.

I assume those that lean to the right to be uneducated having failed school. Typically racist and xenophobic but will deny it, scared of sharks, deny climate change, believe African gang crime to be of greater concerns to the planet. Usually have terrible tough stickers, often full sleeves or calf tatts. Go to Bali a lot. Cant read or don’t like reading. Have too many kids, give their kids shit names, live in suburbs way out of the city and complain about freeway traffic. Drive 4WD’s and park them on curbs at shopping centres, wear Unit and tap-out clothing and drink monster energy drinks. Buy at k-mart and hang around shopping malls. Can be found lurking on facebook comment sections. Prone to meth addiction and guaranteed to have alcohol dependence issues. Watch Sunrise and A Current Affair. Susceptible to labelling themselves ‘battlers’. Typical jobs: truck drivers, labourers, forklift operators, warehouse jobs, low skilled tradies.

Basically complete wastes of wank.
I'm going to sit in the corner and have a cry now.
You bastard.

Top Bottom