subtle racist and sexist things you do and think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
I don't understand this "if you're talking about it then it's succeeded" like is it such a feat for a huge company to gain attention?
I hadnt thought of Gucci in a year

Today I did

Doesnt matter how big you are you still need to be front and centre

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
That majority of black comedians sets are mainly about white people/politics.

And majority of women comedians sets are about woman issues/sex.

Im not a fan of that South African comedian guy.

Dont find Trump jokes funny either really... too easy a target

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

perthblue

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
That majority of black comedians sets are mainly about white people/politics.

And majority of women comedians sets are about woman issues/sex.

Im not a fan of that South African comedian guy.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't even bother watching American comedians anymore. They all say the same ******* thing. Race + Trump = laughter, apparently. Completely boring.

AFL Club
West Coast
Good race comics will poke fun at anyone and everyone without fear that they'll be called racist for taking the piss out of a group that isn't their own or 'above' them.

I.e. African American comedians will take the piss out of themselves and then do a 'white people, am I right?' routine and it's OK but most white comedians steer well clear of going the other way. Quite difficult to oppress a minority for a few hundred years then take the piss out of them without crossing into 'white man thinks he's better' territory. Not impossible but most don't try. Russell Peters is a tenuous 'Asian' (Canadian of Indian background) and gets away with doing Chinese stereotypes that a white guy probably wouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jobe Watson

Brownlow Medalist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
This has to be on purpose now. There's no way in 2019 that companies still can't recognise when a piece of clothing they're selling gives off those blackface vibes.

Outrage marketing at its best. Make something that a small minority of people will find offensive, get some easy media coverage, pull the item a day or two later and issue an apology and say that you are sympathetic and will be better, a week later everyone has forgotten about the stupid thing you did but your brand name has been mentioned everywhere when it otherwise wouldn't have been. Easy.

This is literally 90% of the material for late night show hosts.

I understand that taking the piss out of Presidents is pretty standard fodder for late show hosts; Bush used to cop it regularly from Letterman et al. But with Trump, it's all they do. They just have to say "Trump bad" and they get a 5 minute applause break from their brainwashed audience. Stephen Colbert does his shitty Donald Trump voice impersonation 5 times per monologue and his crowd eat it up.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget about when Jimmy Kimmel did a skit where Donald Trump's deceased father came back from the dead to chastise his son. The video was titled "Trump's dead father has a message for him". Seriously, how sick is that?

Even if you hate Trump you'd surely be sick of the drivel that passes for political comedy these days.

Jobe Watson

Brownlow Medalist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Trump jokes are low hanging fruit but that's what US audiences go for. It's also disturbing just how much material he provides as commander in chief of the USA.
It's fair enough to laugh at Trump when he says or does something stupid (which, to be fair, is quite regularly). But most of these late show hosts are just Democrat activists now.

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Hes black ffs.
If he doesn't rate Aboriginal women then he can say so without issue.
What a ridiculous attitude. His comments are either racist or not.

Being 1/2 Xhosa 1/2 Swiss doesn't give you a get out of jail free card. He's just as brown as Josh Gibson. Would it be OK for him to make the same comments?

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm white.

Is it OK for me to make derogatory comments about all Slavic people?
Is it ok?
Not really, however it IS a lot of fun (feel free to visit Bay13 where we have our own resident Croat for ridiculing, right Tigernator ? - common topics for discussion are cousins and goats )

Is it racist?
Not in the slightest.

Racism and bigotry are separate things, if you judge/discriminate on someone based purely on the distinct physical characteristics of their race being different to yours its racism, if you dislike someones culture/religion/heritage etc. then it's bigotry.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Is it ok?
Not really, however it IS a lot of fun (feel free to visit Bay13 where we have our own resident Croat for ridiculing, right Tigernator ? - common topics for discussion are cousins and goats )

Is it racist?
Not in the slightest.

Racism and bigotry are separate things, if you judge/discriminate on someone based purely on the distinct physical characteristics of their race being different to yours its racism, if you dislike someones culture/religion/heritage etc. then it's bigotry.
Shutup bignose

Top Bottom