Suburb nicknames...

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a suburb here in WA by the name of Mirrabooka which is now commonly referred to as Mirrablacka or Mussibooka.

I know who started this. No one says it to anyone outside the group, but no s**t, he was saying it when people had to ask him four times what suburb he meant. Melbs was standard/aboriginally WA vernacular too, now every prick here uses it.

I went to high school with a bloke who said he was the first person to say '********' is this that same sort of deal?

Up here in Queensland, very little imagination is used, everything seems to end in a 'y'. Well for towns anyway.
Rockhampton - Rocky
Bundaberg - Bundy
Gold Coast - Goldy
Brisbane - Brissy (or BrisVegas or Brisneyland - please kill me now)
Coolangatta - Cooly
Gladstone - Gladdy
Sunshine Coast - Sunny coast

Yes it does.
Sebastopol = Smellopol
Ballarat = The Rat
Wendouree = Westies
Mount pleasant = hoonsville
Black Hill = hillsville
Napoleans = Nap
Warrenheip = the dump heap
Buninyong = bunny
Mt Helen = unistudentsville
Mt clear = Midvale

Member since Friday... from Ballarat... supports North Melbourne...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More common was Baysie etc. to the point one of the cafe's on the main set of shops in named that. Used to work there, christ it was a shithole, it was like ringwood turned up to 11.
I grew up in Baysie (which is what it is universally referred to by its inhabitants). Its basically a flat, industrial version of Ferntree Gully.

Another shithole you wouldn't visit unless you had to.

I grew up in Baysie (which is what it is universally referred to by its inhabitants). Its basically a flat, industrial version of Ferntree Gully.

Another shithole you wouldn't visit unless you had to.

Ringers would give Baysie a run for its money.

What is it about the City of Knox and its ability to attract the ferals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back