Food, Drink & Dining Out Subway

Remove this Banner Ad

How this pigeon feed passes of as food I will have no idea. Seriously how much would this crap cost to make. I reckon about 1.50 would be the average price yet they charge like 8 bucks for it

it's called mark up, it's how businesses make money.

derp.

Just ask for more lettuce man! Generally the sandwich maker is responsive to your needs, even if they're the stingy Indian type.

i.e - 'can I please get extra lettuce?' and it works.

it's called mark up, it's how businesses make money.

derp.

Excessive mark up more like it especially in such a competitive market. Im surprised people are dumb enough to let them get away with it.

3 most overpriced takeaway foods are

Subway
Pizza
Chinese

3 best value compared to costs are

Red Rooster
Fish and Chips
Burger King

I'm usually the opposite in terms of the portions of the toppings I get. I usually find myself saying "a little bit of lettuce/onion" etc because they always put too much on! $7 for a BLT or Pizza sub is pretty ****ing good, considering you can put as many toppings on it as you like and it will still be $7. $35 for lunch each week is extremely cheap. :thumbsu:

the only problem i have is they are always stingy on the carrot
lettuce and the other stuff are piled on, just never carrot. i always ask for more.

I always ask for a heap of onion on mine, but my gripe is that sometimes you order and you don't get what you want on it. The last 2 times are a prime example. The first time I wanted Bacon on a Fillet Sub and didn't get it, the 2nd time I asked for Grated Cheese on a meatball sub and they gave me Old English.....CLUELESS GITS.

:heart: Subway. OP can suck my balls.

This. I live off Subway and haven't really had a bad experience tbh. Touch wood.

And i don't get how people can possibly say it's bad value :confused: there is a shitload of sub in a $7 footlong sub, much more filling than anything at maccas etc.

Plus you don't feel like a dirty whore afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe it or not I have turned up at my local subway only to be told they have run out of bread and would I like a wrap or salad instead?

Surely it isn't too much to ask of a sandwich making restaurant to have enough bread to last the day.

Believe it or not I have turned up at my local subway only to be told they have run out of bread and would I like a wrap or salad instead?

Surely it isn't too much to ask of a sandwich making restaurant to have enough bread to last the day.

[YOUTUBE]8pyW6w5B7Aw[/YOUTUBE]

I've been told they've run out of both white and herb and cheese breads. Never seen them run out of bread completely though.

Yeah they always run out of those two.

I've been to 2 different Subways that have ran out of bread. They bake the s**t there so this is poor. Both close at 10pm and one was out of bread on my tea/lunch break at work which is rarely after 8pm.

As for lettuce. I always ask for "a small amount of lettuce" cos they pile the crap on like mad. The thickness of the lettuce equals all other toppings combined. Subway is ok but it's not as fresh as it used to be. Who knows how long the buckets of pre sliced tomato etc have sat around.

A KFC I used to go to would ALWAYS run out of crispy strips & they'd ask if I wanted a fillet instead (which means they'll cut it in 3 for a strips meal) No thanks.

Subway's horrid stuff regardless of the price.

Not only that, it's better value and cheaper to get a baguette and coffee in the city than it is to get a soggy under filled "sandwich" from chub-way.

Although I do love seeing all the fatties in the office chowing down on a 12 inch with extra cheese and meat chasing it down with cookies and a coke, thinking they're eating healthy.

the only problem i have with subway is that when i get meatball sub and they add one too many meatballs they take off the extra meatball....FFS they wont go broke over that one meatball

I cant relate to this thread.
Every time I go to Subway I get a very fair portion of each salad. If anything, I usually get too much lettuce.

I have 2 Subways within a 5 minute drive of my house, 1 is an absolute rabble though. They have no system. Most good subways will put the 3 slices of tomato in a line, then the cucumber neatly on top. Not this Subway. They just bang it on. I've learnt to never go there.

The other Subway is as close to perfect as Subway gets.
Very reasonable prices.

It might not be that healthy, but it's much superior to many alternative take away joints which I have basically given up.

Mainly because you don't feel like s**t afterwards.

I'd have it 3 times week these days.

I cant relate to this thread.
Every time I go to Subway I get a very fair portion of each salad. If anything, I usually get too much lettuce.

I have 2 Subways within a 5 minute drive of my house, 1 is an absolute rabble though. They have no system. Most good subways will put the 3 slices of tomato in a line, then the cucumber neatly on top. Not this Subway. They just bang it on. I've learnt to never go there.

The other Subway is as close to perfect as Subway gets.
Very reasonable prices.

It might not be that healthy, but it's much superior to many alternative take away joints which I have basically given up.

Mainly because you don't feel like s**t afterwards.

I'd have it 3 times week these days.

I usually get too much salad too, end up ditching half of it.

I've got 4 Subways within a 5-10 minute drive of home, most of them are pretty good. The only dodgy one is the one that's in a shopping centre, they always run out of certain types of bread and other stuff if you go there after the lunch time rush.

Don't get sub very often, maybe once a month at most...but tbh i've never had many problems with how much filling they stick in.

Now and then they stick like 2 olives in there, just give them the "Oi, can i have a few more olives mate?" and they always comply. They make it in front of you, how hard is it to pull them up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back