Food, Drink & Dining Out Subway

Remove this Banner Ad

Subway is a bit of hit and miss really.

Always depends on which restaurant you go to.

I went yesterday. Was a disgrace. By far the worst experience to date.

Asked for Chicken Breast. They put Chicken Fillet.

Asked for NO CHEESE. They put Cheese on.

So they started again from scratch

The toaster wasnt working.

Got stuff all Salads. Even after asking numerous times for a bit more salad.

Then I asked for NO Pepper and a little bit of Mayo.

While they were putting the sauce on I payed at the counter.

Get back to my office to eat and there is a s**t LOAD of pepper on there with a s**t LOAD of Mayo it was swimming it it.

Had a sip of my drink and it was basically just Soda Water (the syrup must of been out)

So decided to turf it all and eat an Apple.

I went to the Subway at Melbourne Central today and it was disgusting the roll was quite hard the lettuce looked like it had been sitting there since the Saints last won a premiership. Had to throw it away and go to the local 7 - Eleven and buy a sandwich from there.

I guess they are only as good as the produce it's made from, and the training the staff get. AFAIC they are the best of the 'takeaway' chains in Launceston, and by quite some margin.

There's 4 subways in Launnie (I think), and I've eaten at three. Never had a badly made one - though one day the girl sliced her finger open over the one she'd made and initially still tried to finish it.

I agree they don't put much on as standard but I find if you say can I have more they are more than willing to put it on, and that goes for everything.

All you have to do is tell them, more please.

Works at every subway I've been to, and I've been to a shitload of them, both here and overseas

Friend and i from work were speaking today about how much Subway has just turned to s**t.
Yes i agree, but as mentioned before, it depends on who takes the franchise.

Our local subway has gone to crap, ever since an ethnic background family took it over.

I'm not racist, but they have no idea how to make good salad sandwhiches. It is not part of their culture. They would have been better served running a curry shop.

The lettuce is dead and drab, the bread is stale, the cheese is hard yada yada yada.

We have another little subway tucked away in a shopping centre ( i live in a small country town )

It is clean fresh and delicious. They far outdo the bigger franchise by a country mile.

They just refuse to put anything on the Sub anymore you ask for lettuce you expect to get some lettuce not a small handfull where you can still see half the bread.

Agree with this, have to constantly ask for more letture.
Although that may be the recommended portion from the head of management.
I remember work at Hungry Jacks in my junior years and the correct portion was skinttttttttt :thumbsdown:

Bunch of whinging poms in this thread.

Too much lettuce, not enough slices of tomato, I mean for **** sakes. Everyone has a different interpretation of what too much or too little is compared to the general consensus of the norm. Surely that is what this boils down to as I've never had problem even once with all the times I've been to Subway.

Looking at who's complaining, and then the location of the poster, it's obvious that it's only a problem in Victoria.

I've never had subway there, but I've had subway in NSW, in QLD and in SA, and have only ever had 1 problem.

When I ask for a footlong, white, meatball, double meat, I expect 16 meatballs not 12! :mad:

Then again, 1 stuff up isn't that bad, the local subway to where I am, 3 of the staff there just fit as many meatballs as possible onto the sub, heck, I've complained once getting 20 meatballs or something on 1 sub because the sauce would ruin the bread, and I've trained them to put on about triple olives from normal.

They'll learn for you if you're a regular.
And omg, their macadania cookies :heart::heart::heart::heart:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a friend purchase one of the franchises down here (well a guy I know pretty well anyway), and from what he said the ROI is nowhere near what was 'promised'.

He's not a fool financially, so I doubt he would have taken their sales projections as gospel without his own investigations (I'd hope anyway) - but the end result was that buying a franchise was basically buying yourself a management job.

He'd set it up with a manager capable of running the outlet independently, but found his ROI dropped to virtually zero, and had to take over the day-to-day running himself, just to cover the interest payments.

Oh, OK. I'm not sexist, but men shouldn't work in Subway because making sandwiches is women's work. IT'S OK GUYS, I SAID I'M NOT SEXIST!

That you made a racist comment.
Stating a certain race is better or worse at making a certain food is not racist.

Show me proof that it is.

Saying my daughter or wife are not as good as me at opening jars because im stronger than them is not sexist.

Stating a certain race is better or worse at making a certain food is not racist.

Show me proof that it is.

Saying my daughter or wife are not as good as me at opening jars because im stronger than them is not sexist.

No what you have stated is 2 completely different examples.

What makes the first statement racist is the fact you have generalised an entire race.

In your second statement you have used people as examples.
If you were to say men are better at opening jars because they are stronger than women that could be perceived as racist.

Conversely if you changed your original statement to something like Iron Chef japan is better than Iron Chef America at making fried rice this is not racist - because we all know Iron Chef America sucks balls at making fried rice.

Anyway, I dislike political correctness so continue as you were :thumbsu:

If you were to say men are better at opening jars because they are stronger than women that could be perceived as racist.

Wat?

Also, yes, it is racist. 'Our local subway has gone to crap, ever since an ethnic background family took it over.' = racist.

Wat?

Also, yes, it is racist. 'Our local subway has gone to crap, ever since an ethnic background family took it over.' = racist.
If i said " its gone to crap because a family of ethnic backround have taken over "..........that would be racist.

A family of ethnic background have taken it over. An since then the subway has gone to crap. No racism, just truthism......see ?

If i said " its gone to crap because a family of ethnic backround have taken over "..........that would be racist.

A family of ethnic background have taken it over. An since then the subway has gone to crap. No racism, just truthism......see ?

Yeah nah.

waisis.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back