Food, Drink & Dining Out Subway

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots would be Chinese now
There was a great one in Brighton run by Japanese I used to go to.

They are really only good if they have access to lots of people and fresh fish.
Too many just serve frozen bassa or barra or hoki nowdays

I'm not racist but Japanese know a bit about deep frying stuff, I'm sure they'd run a ripper of a fish and chip joint.

i think the politically correct term is "newly arrived"

That's a good point, cause did you know there are different types of "asians"? They're not all "Chinese"?

I did think so but our local is run by Asians and is the best in the vicinity. I actually wonder how many fish and chip joints are still run by Greeks?
Until about five years ago a Greek family had my chipper and they sold on to an Asian family and it was seamless.

There was a Greek fish'n chip shop around the corner from our place in the 80s run by a bloke called Con, all us kids loved him as he gave us free Chupa Chups.

It''s not even a fish'n chip shop these days, I think it's a cafe or a florist or some other wanky shop.

There was a Greek fish'n chip shop around the corner from our place back in the 80s run by a bloke called Con, all us kids loved him as he gave us free Chupa Chups.
Opposite my school was a deli with a couple of video games and an owner who'd let us watch cricket and smoke in the lounge out the back when we cut classes.

Opposite my school was a deli with a couple of video games and an owner who'd let us watch cricket and smoke in the lounge out the back when we cut classes.

This fish'n chip shop was also across the road from our primary school and if we got a permission note from our parents we could go over there and get fish'n chips for lunch, they even had a school special so many school kids went over there.

You couldn't imagine that sort of stuff happening today, these days teachers inspect kids lunches to make sure they are healthy enough. I don't think a lunch of fish'n chips or chiko rolls would pass muster.

Really? Ha ha

He was the stereotypical Greek bloke with the slicked back hair and a filthy mo, he was like a slimmer version of Con the Fruiterer from Comedy Company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the chicken Big Mac the other day, highly recommend.

Tried it yesterday, it was just ok after nearly falling all out when I first picked it up hehe.

$8.05 , good on Mcdonald's for being able to get away charging that for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back