FTA-TV Succession

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.

It seems counter-productive to start a thread on a show that just aired it's season finale, but * me if that finale (and the season) isn't a compelling enough reason to start one, the best new show I've seen this year and some how (just somehow) quite possibly the best show of 2018 period.

Went from seeing and liking the first few episodes, to leaving the show for a while, only to come back to it and watch it just utterly amazed at the level of depth Jesse Armstrong (Peep Show, The Thick of It) was weaving into this family of rich assholes. (You can put two and two together based on the title, but the show is a media conglomerate family headed by a Murdochesque figure, and the children finding a place within all that).

Cousin Greg and Tom made for one of the most dynamic and inexplicable duos, and my favourite part of the show early, but the rest of the family: Kendall, Shiv, Roman, Connor and the way they ultimately play off each other and most importantly their father, Logan Roy (Brian Cox) is ******* amazing by the end.

The finale has me shook honestly, it was almost a throwback finale that I don't feel like I've seen in quite some time, but the season in a whole is just really great. The drop when the intro credits roll is pure fire. SHOUTOUT COUSIN GREG AND CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN

Just finished the season, easily the best new show of 2018 I've seen, pretty much watched an episode a night. It felt like a a mix of Billions/Entourage/Ray Donovan put together but more serious and better. It's just a very good drama with some pretty ****ed up humor. Cannot fathom how the Facebook page only has 8.9k likes, and how this thread doesn't have any posts. Get on it people

Just finished the season, easily the best new show of 2018 I've seen, pretty much watched an episode a night. It felt like a a mix of Billions/Entourage/Ray Donovan put together but more serious and better. It's just a very good drama with some pretty ****** up humor. Cannot fathom how the Facebook page only has 8.9k likes, and how this thread doesn't have any posts. Get on it people

I quit Billions after season 1. Shoving a joke in every 60-90 seconds really diminished the drama. When you have Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis playing your main characters that's such a let down.

Finished the season yesterday.

Just excellent. Loved every episode. The cast were great, all of them.

Kendell Roy was fanatastic. Quite liked him when he loosened up abit. That final epsiode and the walk back to the castle. Holy s**t.

One criticism and it's more to do with the writing, Brian Cox performed masterfully as the head of the family... just felt like most of the time things fell his way through luck and not through him being an industry titan with the experience to school these upstarters trying to destroy him. Even with his health issues, I would have liked to see him in a bit more control.

Hopefully season 2 is just around the corner. Can't wait.

Great show, as you'd expect from Jesse Armstrong.

I loved the way just when it was getting almost tooo serious, there'd be a brilliant comic moment.

Conor announcing he's found a job he finally wants to do - PRESIDENT! - was a brilliant example of the above.

Can't wait for the next season.

Episode 1 quite good.

Episode 2 gave "this is comedy whenever that's easier" vibes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished season 1. It was good. Was expecting
the dad to die not Kendall killing a waiter.
. I didn't watch much new stuff in 2018 but were pickings a bit slim if this was people's favourite new series? The comedy was a little too constant for my dramatic preferences.

Roman and Jerry phone sex.......

Greg asking to blackmail Tom.

Man I felt for Kendall when he was talking to Shiv. The definition of a broken man.

Connor's already a great politician, gave a five minute speech and said absolutely nothing.

Everyone's storyline is interesting, can't wait to see where they all end up.

Love the intro tune.

All them scenes with Kendall at the top of the building outside on the ledge. But then the final scene they’ve built the glass panels around it.

Damn..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back