FTA-TV Succession

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
y

yet you have Kendall as 2nd most hated lol

There is nothing sympathetic about Kendall. Who cares if nobody loves him, he is the most vile selfish person on the show and that's saying something. He keeps trying these takeovers yet has no idea how to back them up and falls in the same pathetic hole over and over. And he is a murderer!
Kendall is smart, makes good business decisions and is the most ethical of the lot. Its only his personal daddy and drug issues that get in the way (and they only get added in cos of poor script writing that cant work itself out of a plot hole created by the fact that kendall is vastly superior to all his siblings and even his dad who is stuck in 1990s world).

s**t kendall was being made a scape goat and being sent by his family to prison for something he didnt do at the end of season 2. thats how low his dad and siblings are.

and he is not an effing murderer. What a silly comment.

ok i should of called this at end of season 1 but im calling it now.

succession is another hand maids tale.

a show that simply refuses to progress its main plot and is stuck in a loop that is just becoming more and more ridiculous.

Yeah I was starting to get that vibe this season so I'm hoping with the election stuff we start to move on and get a different plot.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
ok i should of called this at end of season 1 but im calling it now.

succession is another hand maids tale.

a show that simply refuses to progress its main plot and is stuck in a loop that is just becoming more and more ridiculous.

The slow story line progress reflects how slow corporate leadership can be.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
Yeah I was starting to get that vibe this season so I'm hoping with the election stuff we start to move on and get a different plot.

Where to go though? It all centres around Logan's position in the empire and what is happening with him..

Where to go though? It all centres around Logan's position in the empire and what is happening with him..

Their role in pushing the presidential campaign would be quite interesting. S1 we got a decent dose of politics with Shiv's involvement, which died off when she joined the company, so dipping the toe back into that would be fresh.

As said, this is the third season in a row of Ken trying to overthrow his father and then coming back into the fold, it's a bit tired at this point.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
Their role in pushing the presidential campaign would be quite interesting. S1 we got a decent dose of politics with Shiv's involvement, which died off when she joined the company, so dipping the toe back into that would be fresh.

As said, this is the third season in a row of Ken trying to overthrow his father and then coming back into the fold, it's a bit tired at this point.

Agreed, can't picture that changing for the rest of this season but you definitely think that it is building to an end to that arc

Did anyone else think when Roman said he was going to walk home at the end of last nights episode that something bad was about to happen?

Agreed, can't picture that changing for the rest of this season but you definitely think that it is building to an end to that arc

Did anyone else think when Roman said he was going to walk home at the end of last nights episode that something bad was about to happen?

I definitely had that vibe too, he was coming off very self-destructive as the episode built to the climax. Ken as well I thought he might have done something to himself as well, he seemed very depressed/suicidal as he left the party.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
The slow story line progress reflects how slow corporate leadership can be.
and no one would watch that.

This show keeps presenting the prospect of a major change to intrigue the viewer only to continually kill off the plot line to return to the status quo.

are they really going to have the cruise scandal which has been simmering in the background since early season 1 and exploded like a bomb at the end of season 2 just fizzle out to nothing cos of lack of evidence and return to the status quo? Just like they did with Stus takeover bid (stu gets seriously ill), kendals leadership challenges being hijacked by days of our lives like plot twists (the ridiculous getting stuck in traffic plot and then car accident) and roys mental illness problems just disapearing.

at some point the viewer wakes up and realises they are being taken for a ride and this show isnt going to develop the plot.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Hopefully kendall sends her packing.

and then tom divorces her.
I like Shiv, she lives in a hard hard world. And does pretty good in the dark world of big business, If she goes to Kendall , which I doubt she will, she might save his terrible lacking in confidence arse, one minute he's king next minute he wants to go home!

His father is a powerful mongrel , and ( President) Connor is a dill. And because of that might make President!!

Roman is the one that can kill "he's got that in him, Daddy".
But he is in need of his fathers approval, disregarding his sexual flaws, behind doors with older Queen Business Woman.

Tom is in love but also in the main a ladder climber, but I think he and Shiv are closer than we think. Even though they appear to have an open marriage which he can't deal with, and she is not really bothered,her "who cares" bothers Tom but he sticks.
But was his ambition that huge? That he would go to Prison for Logan Roy , who said I won;t forget! Definitely.

Kendall is the one character so flawed yet good intentioned, even though his ego is in fantasy land, yet dead set certain as the other seasons have shown, he wants to be boss. And has screwed himself in the process,
Greg the long tall strange critter. We'll see? I think there is a lot more to him, and I think his easy going will eventually break and he will become like nothing any of them thought , he may bring them undone, and is getting more capable , and actually maybe a genuine person, in all that egotistical filth.

Or I am totally dillusional, but to me he's a WHY? typed character. Why is he even around. Related?? Bum Licker though.
Always around. Tom may get his come-uppence from Greg , not Shiv.
But she'll pick up the pieces.

I will probably have all my theories destroyed by finish time.

But even with all the scenes of large gatherings of power and celebrity and Kendalls almighty "LOOK AT ME'' birthday party do people really do that?

And also the wondering around looking for a converstion episode, networking and so on, last week, with all the influential politicians the discussion I sort of follow, of course the situations and dialogue sounds real, its good production.
( not that I'd know)
It looks so professionally produced, it is like watching a great example of how the upper echelons of life on earth who run the world ...... "run the world" Do they?
So this show is genius although you can see the drama being created and taking place and the twists and turns in tactics even though you don't really understand the game, bit like Aussie rules now days?

So you need to only know something is happening not sure what
But I can't stop watching this thing. And my ideas? Anything could happen!

Good show, Gee you got to read quickly closed captions to cover the dialogue quick and deadly, for an old buggar.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
and no one would watch that.

This show keeps presenting the prospect of a major change to intrigue the viewer only to continually kill off the plot line to return to the status quo.

are they really going to have the cruise scandal which has been simmering in the background since early season 1 and exploded like a bomb at the end of season 2 just fizzle out to nothing cos of lack of evidence and return to the status quo? Just like they did with Stus takeover bid (stu gets seriously ill), kendals leadership challenges being hijacked by days of our lives like plot twists (the ridiculous getting stuck in traffic plot and then car accident) and roys mental illness problems just disapearing.

at some point the viewer wakes up and realises they are being taken for a ride and this show isnt going to develop the plot.

The plot is a bit long winded but that might be by design to give the viewer a taste of the children's frustration with Logan holding on to the job well past the point of which he should have vacated.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
There's like three or four scenes every season, that are like the most elevated s**t you'll ever see on tv.

That final scene was ******* incredible. If it weren't for those scenes, then sure you could argue the show goes around in circles, but those scenes make it worth it.

Who ends up on top is probably the least interesting part of the show. Which Roy on Roy drive-by is gonna happen today, is kinda the whole show.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
There's like three or four scenes every season, that are like the most elevated sh*t you'll ever see on tv.

That final scene was ******* incredible. If it weren't for those scenes, then sure you could argue the show goes around in circles, but those scenes make it worth it.

Who ends up on top is probably the least interesting part of the show. Which Roy on Roy drive-by is gonna happen today, is kinda the whole show.
I have no idea what scene you are talking about? I dont rate any scenes particularly memorable in this show. Nor the childish dialogue.

Its only the hints at a plot that keep my interested and then continually disapointed with their outcomes.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
I have no idea what scene you are talking about? I dont rate any scenes particularly memorable in this show. Nor the childish dialogue.

Its only the hints at a plot that keep my interested and then continually disapointed with their outcomes.

Buddy, if I have to spell out the scene for you...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wow ok. Maybe just best to move on to another show then

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
There's like three or four scenes every season, that are like the most elevated sh*t you'll ever see on tv.

Taken as a whole this episode with its the demented, fantastical party scenes were amazing The imagination of the writers, the set designers to make it possible, the delivery by the actors.

But then we get more intimate moments where the Roy family * each other over while playing Logan's game. It seems that Shiv is being pushed out of the inner loop. Kendall is having a nervous breakdown and chewing on his blanky.

There were scenes about corporate takeovers of WagonRostarGojoy - but I didn't care. It's just a backdrop to facilitate the character driven scenes.

Back