FTA-TV Succession

Remove this Banner Ad

Goddamn I love this show. Been a couple of hours and I'm still reeling.

Brian Cox was on one tonight - kind of always take his performances for granted, but he was throwing some absolute dimes at the end, a ******* beast. But * were they all so good, even Connor rightfully getting pissed at Kendall had me feeling things about that character I hadn't felt before. Jeremy Strong can be as weird af on set all he likes, it works.

Great for Tom, Greg is the biggest failing upwards kid on TV since Turtle on Entourage.

There will still be sickos obsessed with plot, but the ending makes it pretty clear that Succession is only telling one singular story, about this ****ed up family and the relationships within.

That scene makes a lot more sense in retrospect. Shiv certainly got pushed down the stairs!

In this episode when I saw Tom and Greg get together for a chat I was thinking one of their comedy moments would be out of place with all the serious stuff going down. Then blammo! It revealed a massive power play by Tom. Greg doesn't really know what's going on but he likes the idea of having 20 Gregs of his own. Was there a double meaning about becoming "bottom of the top"?

Shiv knows Tom pushed her down the stairs. I guess we will have to wait to see what her reaction will be.

The episode was so good I watched it twice back to back. The script was so tight - there was nothing wasted (see "Chekhov’s Gun"). Like Logan's little monologue about the current state of America and the men who used to run things. I think he recognised Matsson as more capable than his own children and there was an understanding between the two of them. It was Matsson who glanced over to Roman, and Logan took the hint to send him away so they could get a deal done.

How good was the "F off you nosey *ing pedestrians"

Brian Cox had some bloody great lines to close out that episode.

Right from the beginning I've felt he didn't have it in him to back any of his children to succeed and now it is proven! It's all inheritance anyway, I don't know why they don't just relax haha

That was a bloody great episode. Personally didn't see the Tom thing coming that obviously but in retrospect it's easy to understand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just caught up on all 3 seasons now and what a cracking finale to S3.

Definitely allowed us to forget the slow moving parts of mid season..!

Amazing end to another fantastic season!

I particularly liked that on the drive over to Logan's war-room Roman was sitting facing backwards, just reiterating that he's the youngest child. It made his infantile posturing seem even more pathetic (but not quite as pathetic as his pleas to his father not to sell).

The scene in the dusty carpark where Kendall breaks down was done incredibly well. This is going to sound weird, but he cried ungracefully - to the point of having to wipe his nose, not just his eyes - which isn't something that usually happens for men in movies/TV. There was nothing stoic about it at all. And the reactions from Shiv and Roman were just perfectly apt for their characters. Just a perfectly acted scene all round.

And Logan had all the best lines this week, but nothing in the whole series comes close to "* off, you nosy ******* pedestrians". Brilliant. Brutal. Brilliantly brutal.

I am partial to the proposal being accepted with a fkuck it lol Just how you want your fiancée to accept a proposal!
She's played that role to perfection as well - the look of desperation and regret as she got into the car after agreeing to the proposal was subtly perfect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back