Sufjan Stevens

Remove this Banner Ad

We know. Just let him be.

I love a good interlude, and this is a damn good interlude.

And was used quite well in a red bull ad years ago.

Yeah, I absolutely love that song. He started the Carrie & Lowell show in Sydney with it and it was the perfect way to introduce the concert. It's also super simple to play, so one I enjoy playing to myself any time I find a piano.

I remember one day (post-Undun) my brother randomly gushing over the Redford interlude. Unlike me he wasn't into or much aware of Sufjan (nor the Roots) and seemed to come to it from another avenue entirely. The date of that Red Bull commercial matches up with the memory, so it must've been via that.

Yeah, I absolutely love that song. He started the Carrie & Lowell show in Sydney with it and it was the perfect way to introduce the concert. It's also super simple to play, so one I enjoy playing to myself any time I find a piano.
I learnt the first chord and then couldn't be bothered with the rest...

It's a very nice sounding chord though.

The new album is out, and on first listen it sounds he’s reprising The Age of Adz.

Yeah, I'd heard a couple of the singles earlier and thought the same. Listened to the whole album for the first time last night and came away from it a little ... cold, maybe? I just struggled to connect with it, but might need a few more listens.

Yeah, I'd heard a couple of the singles earlier and thought the same. Listened to the whole album for the first time last night and came away from it a little ... cold, maybe? I just struggled to connect with it, but might need a few more listens.

From my first listen it seems a bit bloated. The Age of Adz is pretty compelling the whole way through, despite it’s long running time.

Always thought it feels like tracks 10-1 are a seperate LP and Impossible Soul works as a stand-alone single, but you wouldn’t listen to one without the other.

There’s some obvious quality on this need LP - probably needs some time to sink in though.

Anyone given the new collaborative LP a spin?

Another nice one. Pretty much inspired by movies he and Angelo were watching.

Most of these tracks would sit pretty comfortably on something like Seven Swans. Back to basics, but not as melancholy as C&L.

Interesting to hear Sufjan’s voice pitted against something a little lighter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back