Personal Experience Time-warping shape-shifting thread

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dedicate this song to my friend William Wonka

I hate the ******* Cure.
Its music for slightly unattractive teenage girls who are upset about getting their first period.

The thing that sickens me most about them is knob ends sometimes compare to Joy Division! The Cure are to Joy Division what a deros turd is to fine Belgian Chocolate.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hate the ******* Cure.
Its music for slightly unattractive teenage girls who are upset about getting their first period.

The thing that sickens me most about them is knob ends sometimes compare to Joy Division! The Cure are to Joy Division what a deros turd is to fine Belgian Chocolate.
I like both bands. They both have their pros and cons. But the cure imo is better because there's far more musical variety and they have far more different types of songs/lyrics. Whereas JD is all suicide.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I like both bands. They both have their pros and cons. But the cure imo is better because there's far more musical variety and they have far more different types of songs/lyrics. Whereas JD is all suicide.
i.e. once again you're wrong about something ;)
The Cure spent years drifting between whiny, morose and saccharine sweet versions of similar s**t.
JD on the other hand had a very short period creating a mix of powerful, intense and haunting music.
It surprises me that a fan of heavy stuff like you would prefer the fluff of The Cure to the industrial balls of JD.
As far as variety goes, Ian knocking himself didn't allow enough time for them to develop different styles.
However add in New Order...

Could not be more different to

Or

See, it just appears to the ignorant that im wrong, wheras he who looks at things deeper will discover I could not be more right ;)

p.s you know where the name 'Joy Division' comes from yeah?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Cure spent years drifting between whiny, morose and saccharine sweet versions of similar s**t.
JD on the other hand had a very short period creating a mix of powerful, intense and haunting music.
It surprises me that a fan of heavy stuff like you would prefer the fluff of The Cure to the industrial balls of JD.
As far as variety goes, Ian knocking himself didn't allow enough time for them to develop different styles.
However add in New Order...

Could not be more different to

Or

See, it just appears to the ignorant that im wrong, wheras he who looks at things deeper will discover I could not be more right ;)

p.s you know where the name 'Joy Division' comes from yeah?

Bro I was the biggest JD/NO fan on earth for a long time. I know all about them, their name, etc. Cure is still better for being more diverse and long-playing quality.

Back