Mod. Notice Suggestions & Ideas For The AFL Shutdown Period

Hi all,

Looking to whip up some ideas on what we could do on here while there's no footy going on. Hopefully, we can have something to talk about besides the current global pandemic. There's already a simulation league being run on the MB: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2020-afl-season-simulation-on-the-mb-sydney-team.1238069/

For our board, a couple of ideas that have come up include:
  • Gameday threads for rewatching some classic Swans games: thanks to Klim's replay reference centre we have access to most of the replays of games between 2010 and 2017 (EXCEPT THE 2012 GRAND FINAL BECAUSE YOUTUBE HAS COPYWRITE STRIKED IT :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:), unfortunately, the links to the older games are broken, but there's plenty of material there.
    • For this, we'll have a thread where people can nominate games that they want to relive. They all go into a draw and we pick out a random nominated game.
    • We start a Gameday thread with the link to the replay in the OP and away we go shitposting just like on any regular gameday thread.
  • Charity fundraiser: as well as small businesses there are a lot of charities out there who could struggle to stay in operation as well, start a fundraiser on a site like everydayhero for a charity that's doing good work in the face of this crisis, maybe the Red Cross or Ozharvest or anything else we have in mind. If those that are lucky enough to be in a financially stable situation want to chip in $5, $10 we could raise a decent amount for some people in need.
  • Forum Games: if anyone wants to run an all-time fantasy draft, or werewolf/mafia (Millky95 would be a good host) there's probably no better time.

If anyone else has ideas then go for it, all suggestions are welcome :)

• Forum Games: if anyone wants to run an all-time fantasy draft, or werewolf/mafia (@Millky95 would be a good host) there's probably no better time.
I am happy to host something like this

how about. weekly debate topic with poll on a swans topic

ive got a few ideas if you want me to start one
Could be cool if we set it up so there are affirmative and negative teams, and make it like an actual competitive debate.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
two truths and lie- say 3 things about yourself only 1 is true we all guess which

thats me done for ideas

That would be more of a BSB style thread ;)

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
That would be more of a BSB style thread ;)
You know, this could finally be the moment after all these years where people start posting in the Bob Skilton Bar!

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
how about. weekly debate topic with poll on a swans topic

ive got a few ideas if you want me to start one
So, the horse, Naismith and Reid threads? Please, for god sake no

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Best knitting patterns thread - Should boom during the cooler months I reckon.

All time favourite game thread - Give us a detailed account of your all time favourite game. Go into as much detail as you want. Give us a story. Somethign to pass the time away while reflecting on how bloody awesome our game & team is. I don't mind reading about the 2005 and 2012 GF over & over again.

Re-boot the Positives .v. Negatives thread - Just to see some meltdowns.

Re-boot the "Trade hypotheticals" thread - Just to see some more meltdowns.

Vic .v. NSW Supporter Thread - Just to see the most melty of meltdowns possible.

Obscure players/contributors thread - Find a player or important person that not many of us would know about and give us their story. Tell us why we've undersold them & their contribution to our club by not knowing them better.

A Poetry and/or creative space thread - Poetry is always a good thing and I like seeing all the different ways Kennedy Parker can use MS Paint.

Back