Movie Suicide Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this yesterday.

How do DC get it so right with the Suicide Squad animated film, then * this up so badly...

Also Luke Cage is ok, needed less episodes as the pacing was off.

Finally watched it. Didn't have any expectations going in as I don't really know the characters. Came out thinking it wasn't a very entertaining film for that genre.

I watched the extended cut. It doesnt make the movie better like BvS did and unlike BvS the added scenes dont add anything. and it still has HEAPS missing. and doesnt fix anything, might even make it worse in the scenes where pacing was already and issue.

Slipknot still doesnt get a backstory/intro

Most of the new 11mins is just adding a few extra seconds to scenes. most of them deserved to get cut. [the "Spread the word" scene was added/extended and some of it felt bad. like bad writing and felt like reshoot stuff.
Still kept the Joker/Harley relationship as it was and not the abusive one.
I dont know what the point of Harley playing therapist with the squad was when she badly miss diagnosed everything. It felt like it was cut so not make her look so dumb.

Why not release the directors cut that got the screening hype in may?

I watched the extended cut. It doesnt make the movie better like BvS did and unlike BvS the added scenes dont add anything. and it still has HEAPS missing. and doesnt fix anything, might even make it worse in the scenes where pacing was already and issue.

Slipknot still doesnt get a backstory/intro

Most of the new 11mins is just adding a few extra seconds to scenes. most of them deserved to get cut. [the "Spread the word" scene was added/extended and some of it felt bad. like bad writing and felt like reshoot stuff.
Still kept the Joker/Harley relationship as it was and not the abusive one.
I dont know what the point of Harley playing therapist with the squad was when she badly miss diagnosed everything. It felt like it was cut so not make her look so dumb.

Why not release the directors cut that got the screening hype in may?

I'm most keen to see more Joker scenes - are there many more?

Wonder if the bluray will release with deleted scenes if they didn't make the extended cut?

I'm most keen to see more Joker scenes - are there many more?

Wonder if the bluray will release with deleted scenes if they didn't make the extended cut?

The Joker has a few extra seconds and an extra line in the Arkham breakout. and they put in a cut of Harley chasing the Joker but cut that scene before he hits her after she kills the truck driver. thats about it for him.
The scene with Tattoo man might have an extra word or so, but they still used the reshoot stuff where Joker shoots him.

The grenade scene after the final fight is still cut.

I dont know if the Blu-ray will have deleted scenes on it or not. But some of the stuff form the BTS/doco stuff on the Joker didnt make the extended cut either.

I think they had to keep most of the joker stuff out because they stayed with the dysfunctional relationship and not an abusive one like originally intended.

and everything i posted when i first saw it that had been cut but was in trailers was still missing.

The Joker has a few extra seconds and an extra line in the Arkham breakout. and they put in a cut of Harley chasing the Joker but cut that scene before he hits her after she kills the truck driver. thats about it for him.
The scene with Tattoo man might have an extra word or so, but they still used the reshoot stuff where Joker shoots him.

The grenade scene after the final fight is still cut.

I dont know if the Blu-ray will have deleted scenes on it or not. But some of the stuff form the BTS/doco stuff on the Joker didnt make the extended cut either.

I think they had to keep most of the joker stuff out because they stayed with the dysfunctional relationship and not an abusive one like originally intended.

and everything i posted when i first saw it that had been cut but was in trailers was still missing.

Wow, that's kind of underwhelming - sounds like this extended edition might not go far in appeasing Leto's rumoured gripes with the final film version.

Hopefully the deleted scenes are all included on the bluray.

I've only just started watching, got about 20 minutes into it last night. I might be wrong here, but is the descriptive line "accomplice to the murder of Robin" when Harley was introduced new? I only saw it once in the cinemas and don't recall seeing that, perhaps that's new for the extended version?

Anyway, not expecting anything major to be fixed. This film was beyond saving from and extra 15 minutes of footage. I caught the motorcycle clip on YouTube with Harley and Mr J, thought it was fantastic.

Some actual backstory for them and I loved Leto's "I'm a state of mind" dialogue. Exactly what I wanted to see from him and who the * knows how much gold there is from him that was discarded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it's been known for sometime that Joker killed Todd. Snyder said it was approx 5 years before BvS.

Although it was interesting that Ayer also said that Bruce is the one that smashed Joker's teeth out, and the 'damaged' tattoo is something he got afterwards in Arkham along with the grill. Alluding to the damaged teeth.

All cool concepts, none of which hasn't been seen or mentioned on screen ridiculousy enough. I guess we'll have to wait for The Batman.

My question was more so about it confirming that Harley helped kill Todd, but perhaps that was already in the theatrical release.

DC taking over. RIP Mervel.
If only DC hadn't completely ballsed this up...

Plus the atrocious Batman vs Superman, we should probably just pretend that never happened.

The source material for DC and the characters s**t all over those available to Marvel. It takes special efforts to screw up these projects.

If only DC hadn't completely ballsed this up...

Plus the atrocious Batman vs Superman, we should probably just pretend that never happened.

The source material for DC and the characters s**t all over those available to Marvel. It takes special efforts to screw up these projects.

I strongly disagree :p But each to their own.

I strongly disagree :p But each to their own.
Fair enough, I probably went in with too many negative preconceived ideas to even remotely enjoy it.

My mum's name isn't Martha, so I wasn't part of the target audience. ;)

I've only just started watching, got about 20 minutes into it last night. I might be wrong here, but is the descriptive line "accomplice to the murder of Robin" when Harley was introduced new? I only saw it once in the cinemas and don't recall seeing that, perhaps that's new for the extended version?

Anyway, not expecting anything major to be fixed. This film was beyond saving from and extra 15 minutes of footage. I caught the motorcycle clip on YouTube with Harley and Mr J, thought it was fantastic.

Some actual backstory for them and I loved Leto's "I'm a state of mind" dialogue. Exactly what I wanted to see from him and who the **** knows how much gold there is from him that was discarded.

Fairly sure that was in the cinematic version - I missed it the first time I saw it but my gf pointed it out to me on our second viewing. :p

Initially I thought it was "killed of Robin" and I was in shock but then I realised it was accomplish only. Does make me wonder if we'll ever see that scene played out. Would be interesting to see how Harley reacts - I'm guessing she wouldn't gleefully revel in it like the Joker would.

just finished watching the extended version. first time seeing the movie and i really don't get the hate for it. i really enjoyed it maybe a little editing issues here and there and i didn't like katana. but thought deadshot/harley and captain boomerang were great

Remember trying to like it the first time when it came out, but trying to watch this the other night, lasted about 45 mins.

Really is a boring movie as far as comic book movies go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back