Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Well in a word - meh

In a nutshell just an introduction to the new panel in Juddy, Swanny and Fev

Plus some new "segment" at the end "Cut the rap" Bustlin vs Crawf - a complete failure

As far as actual footy content, absolute minimal - absolute

Purple come on for about 5 min (if that) - no mention of the De Goey hammy strain, some mention of the "mid season trading"

Ed: his usual conflicted self between Pres and journo come presenter

Sam: his usual giving the hard left and feminazi's ammunition with his blunt views (regardless whether plausible or not)

Some AFLW discussion with the Carlton forward centering on the rough nature of the AFLW (warranted IMV)

The new panel: As always Swanny doesn't hold back but seemingly to no one's offence (I'm sure there is some one if not more out there). Juddy was refreshing as always - articulate and factual; and Fev seemed the intelligent :)think:) comic relief.

Bec: If there is ever a bridge between old school (Sam) and new (2018) she is the mediator!

In a somewhat short just after just watched it, I fear for the shows revival. Seems that the newly appointed panel in Swanny, Judd and Fev maybe the saving grace - add Bec Madden.

Actual footy news / content was uber minimal, which is probably what the footy public was looking for, and possibly expected given it's pre season. Granted this show is based (nowadays) on comedic sub but it still has an obligation to present serious footy news like off season injuries, pending contracts, signings etc.

In a sentence, disappointing! Hoping for improvement come round 1!

I just feel both comedy and footy talk have evolved well beyond what the footy serves up. Newman has well and truly jumped the shark, and is really holding the show back from actually moving forward into the twenty first century. If he holds on any longer and ratings keep tanking the show will get the axe altogether.

I think I will happily watch the nrl Thursday nights.

Nothing against you for watching, but what’s the point?

All I care about is whether they pumped up Richmond’s premiership or not.

And Rance.

Rance should get Sam’s seat, that’d get me to watch.

And Rance.

If Richard Dawkins could get the other seat that'd get me to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opinion is same as the one the Bulldogs female player gave when asked about a bloke playing in the women’s comp.

I don’t have an opinion but everyone’s got an opinion so yeh my opinion is that everyone’s got an opinion.

The show is too scripted, Sam is being held back and Rebecca Maddern has nothing to do...The Rap segment was awful and unless Billy is doing a "wheel" and Crawford doing "Street Talk they probably should depart..It appears both of those segments have fallen victim to the PC crowd? Eddie did mention the AFL are proposing NO Football in June next year yet nobody seems to mind? I'm older, maybe this game isn't for me anymore?

And Rance.

The point was; because of the new panel there was a glimmer of hope (given the panel that was unlikely) that it could redeem itself and talk about footy.

Glimmer snuffed!

My opinion is same as the one the Bulldogs female player gave when asked about a bloke playing in the women’s comp.

I don’t have an opinion but everyone’s got an opinion so yeh my opinion is that everyone’s got an opinion.

That was an interesting reply, Sam tried to paint her into a corner and she basically waived the 5th with a non comment. Fair enough; if she gave an opinion then either way someone would've been offended - PR suicide for her and the dogs; may have been consequences for her and her club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back