Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours (version 1.1)

Remove this Banner Ad

So you got around 40m for them guys combined? (Including Kante)

Did you end up getting Silva? Or was it just Slimani?

Musa, Slimani and Silva surely puts you guys near Chelsea territory of net spending

40m on sales, that would be correct.

We didn't get Silva. We were planning a 15+45m deal to get both (yes, technically speaking, Leicester's transfer record would've been 45m on Silva if that went through,) but I think that was one too for for the president, who only accepted for Slimani (They did get a Silva replacement, and it would've been real clever if we did it that way.)

Musa was only 15m, Slimani would've been 15m by our proposed plan. But yeah, Slimani + Silva would've been the watershed moment for us. Even now, Slimani himself is still massive at 28m. Just remember that prior to this window, Ulloa was our biggest at 8m, and before that was Akinbidi at 5.5m in 2002. We have smashed(Mendy) and smashed (Musa) and utterly nuked our transfer record this window(Slimani).

Jatz and I have a belief that this extra spending was motivated by our easy draw in the CL, it looks like the owners are banking on us to be in an excellent position come January. We're doing our best to consolidate Euro football!

40m on sales, that would be correct.

We didn't get Silva. We were planning a 15+45m deal to get both (yes, technically speaking, Leicester's transfer record would've been 45m on Silva if that went through,) but I think that was one too for for the president, who only accepted for Slimani (They did get a Silva replacement, and it would've been real clever if we did it that way.)

Musa was only 15m, Slimani would've been 15m by our proposed plan. But yeah, Slimani + Silva would've been the watershed moment for us. Even now, Slimani himself is still massive at 28m. Just remember that prior to this window, Ulloa was our biggest at 8m, and before that was Akinbidi at 5.5m in 2002. We have smashed(Mendy) and smashed (Musa) and utterly nuked our transfer record this window(Slimani).

Jatz and I have a belief that this extra spending was motivated by our easy draw in the CL, it looks like the owners are banking on us to be in an excellent position come January. We're doing our best to consolidate Euro football!
It's good to see ambition

Imo Sissoko at 30m quid would be better value than Silva at 38.5m though FWIW (I heard Silvas release clause was 38.5m quid, so 45-50m euros)

Slimani and Mahrez are Algerian teammates also, so that should be of benefit too having whatever understanding between them already so he can perhaps gel with the squad quickly and perform (until AFCON breaks it up)

I'm kinda happy, not overly thrilled. Havent seen him play regularly in the french league so not sure how he's gone.

Next game should hopefully be:

Alonso - Luiz - Terry - Azpi

Just remember that prior to this window, Ulloa was our biggest at 8m, and before that was Akinbidi at 5.5m in 2002. We have smashed(Mendy) and smashed (Musa) and utterly nuked our transfer record this window(Slimani).
Kramaric became your record signing last year didn't he?

It's good to see ambition

Imo Sissoko at 30m quid would be better value than Silva at 38.5m though FWIW (I heard Silvas release clause was 38.5m quid, so 45-50m euros)

Slimani and Mahrez are Algerian teammates also, so that should be of benefit too having whatever understanding between them already so he can perhaps gel with the squad quickly and perform (until AFCON breaks it up)

Yes, and considering the opportunity we have been given here, we'd be foolish to not use this as a platform to expand our base, not just overseas, but also in England (the Midlands is currently lacking a force, and we've certainly got an excellent opportunity to win over the Midlands with Villa dropping out and West Brom not looking much better, and Stoke... yeah.)

Yeah, it was in Euros (honestly, they seemed to swap and change between the two currencies, I wasn't sure what the final figure was until it was released (Portugese clubs have to release the final figure for transparency reasons). In terms of value, I think it would've been very tricky for Silva to justify his value, because I believe out of Sporting's big three, he would've been the lowest ranked (but most important). I don't know about Sissoko, because while he's got talent, good luck getting it on a consistent basis. We'll see how you handle that one, and see if Poch can get the most out of him.

Oh definitely, and I have seen the link up play, they connect extremely well. They are the best two for Algeria in my opinion, so I'm chuffed we finally got Slimani.

Heck, I know the opposition might not be much chop, but you can see what the two of them will bring together (good for Leicester, and great for Algeria!): https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/50j85a/slimani_to_leicester_confirmed/d74i244

Yes, and considering the opportunity we have been given here, we'd be foolish to not use this as a platform to expand our base, not just overseas, but also in England (the Midlands is currently lacking a force, and we've certainly got an excellent opportunity to win over the Midlands with Villa dropping out and West Brom not looking much better, and Stoke... yeah.)

Yeah, it was in Euros (honestly, they seemed to swap and change between the two currencies, I wasn't sure what the final figure was until it was released (Portugese clubs have to release the final figure for transparency reasons). In terms of value, I think it would've been very tricky for Silva to justify his value, because I believe out of Sporting's big three, he would've been the lowest ranked (but most important). I don't know about Sissoko, because while he's got talent, good luck getting it on a consistent basis. We'll see how you handle that one, and see if Poch can get the most out of him.

Oh definitely, and I have seen the link up play, they connect extremely well. They are the best two for Algeria in my opinion, so I'm chuffed we finally got Slimani.

Heck, I know the opposition might not be much chop, but you can see what the two of them will bring together (good for Leicester, and great for Algeria!): https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/50j85a/slimani_to_leicester_confirmed/d74i244
Silva is a holding mid as far as what I've seen of him but I haven't really seen what he's capable of creatively, but he's not a big commanding presence like what Carvalho is, so not sure he would've justified that fee when someone like Drinkwater is probably doing the same thing.

Yeah I know Sissoko is inconsistent, but he's versatile at least which we need as he can play out on the right or centrally and is another big powerful body in the squad. He reminds me of Ramires to be honest, just bigger.

Silva is a holding mid as far as what I've seen of him but I haven't really seen what he's capable of creatively, but he's not a big commanding presence like what Carvalho is, so not sure he would've justified that fee when someone like Drinkwater is probably doing the same thing.

Yeah I know Sissoko is inconsistent, but he's versatile at least which we need as he can play out on the right or centrally and is another big powerful body in the squad. He reminds me of Ramires to be honest, just bigger.
Sissoko is consistent. He never tries.

I have absolutely no idea how to feel about Sissoko. His best is unplayable but how often are we going to see it?

The two most important factors are Pochettino and Hugo Lloris. I highly doubt we would have been interested if Hugo had have said that he was a poisonous dressing room presence as Poch seems to set great store by Lloris' opinion and Sissoko himself seems to have a lot of respect for Hugo judging by his short interview on the Spurs social media. Having his international captain in the dressing room can only help.

Pochettino has also turned Dembele, a somewhat similar player, into a consistently excellent footballer as well as got the best out of Lamela, Rose, Dier and a host of others. Hopefully this can be replicated with Sissoko.

If these factors all combine and we see a consistent Moussa Sissoko then it could prove to be an excellent, versatile signing. If not then it will be an unmitigated disaster.

One thing he does do Doctor Gero and go you pups is give us that versatile depth option that can play in both the CM and AM positions. Perhaps we are missing an extra playmaker, but overall I think the squad has been improved this window, which is a relief after the concerns you guys, and later myself, had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have absolutely no idea how to feel about Sissoko. His best is unplayable but how often are we going to see it?

The two most important factors are Pochettino and Hugo Lloris. I highly doubt we would have been interested if Hugo had have said that he was a poisonous dressing room presence as Poch seems to set great store by Lloris' opinion and Sissoko himself seems to have a lot of respect for Hugo judging by his short interview on the Spurs social media. Having his international captain in the dressing room can only help.

Pochettino has also turned Dembele, a somewhat similar player, into a consistently excellent footballer as well as got the best out of Lamela, Rose, Dier and a host of others. Hopefully this can be replicated with Sissoko.

If these factors all combine and we see a consistent Moussa Sissoko then it could prove to be an excellent, versatile signing. If not then it will be an unmitigated disaster.

One thing he does do Doctor Gero and go you pups is give us that versatile depth option that can play in both the CM and AM positions. Perhaps we are missing an extra playmaker, but overall I think the squad has been improved this window, which is a relief after the concerns you guys, and later myself, had.
No doubt. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.
Provides short term cover for Lamela on the right too with Clinton on loan.
Can only hope that playing under his national captain as now his club captain keeps him honest and hard working.
Hopefully Poch and Hugo can provide what McLaren and Coloccini could not to keep him motivated.

I feel this will either be boom or bust. Paying in instalments isn't too bad either.

Wilshere under observation after his post medical injury operation.

images

Mario to Nice on a free.

Thank god that's over. By the sounds of it Nice were not going to match his wages if they paid what we wanted for him (£5m). It was easier in the end to let Mario go free and let him agree wages with Nice (I imagine they gave him a signing on bonus). It's great that we are no longer paying the bloke.

I get that some players don't work out but what irked most supporters is his abysmal lack of effort. It seems that will never change for him and I don think it will be too long before he is playing in China.

Also Rodgers should have been stronger and flat out refused to accept Balo as a transfer. Rodgers didn't want him but let the committee talk him into signing him. After Carroll & Diouf probably our worst transfer.

You'd hate to be the team that he scored the winning goal against - his only PL goal for Liverpool.

Thank god that's over. By the sounds of it Nice were not going to match his wages if they paid what we wanted for him (£5m). It was easier in the end to let Mario go free and let him agree wages with Nice (I imagine they gave him a signing on bonus). It's great that we are no longer paying the bloke.

I get that some players don't work out but what irked most supporters is his abysmal lack of effort. It seems that will never change for him and I don think it will be too long before he is playing in China.

Also Rodgers should have been stronger and flat out refused to accept Balo as a transfer. Rodgers didn't want him but let the committee talk him into signing him. After Carroll & Diouf probably our worst transfer.

You'd hate to be the team that he scored the winning goal against - his only PL goal for Liverpool.
Says a lot that you guys were willing to let go of a contracted player on a free, and that's more about Balo then anything else.

Hmmm, that winning goal... and you're not naming any names. Why do I get the feeling this team has no geographical relevance to Liverpool, yet one most would now see as on par to each other, reputation wise?

(It's Tottenham if anyone doesn't get it.)

Well done on making the Europa league that season like we did even though our strike force was Balotelli, Borini and Lambert.
Likewise finishing below a team that relied on Mason/Bentaleb in midfield and from October was running with a squad 4 fewer than everyone else having shown 4 players the door. :)

Likewise finishing below a team that relied on Mason/Bentaleb in midfield and from October was running with a squad 4 fewer than everyone else having shown 4 players the door. :)

Ha, I remember when Mahrez and Bentaleb was meant to be a rivalry of the best Algerian the PL, amazing what a year does... now we have 3 more in the league!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back