Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst English side to tour in a while.
Without Broad and Anderson their bowling is not much (I rate Wood mind you, Woakes never performs here).
Their top three are a shambles. I thought Rory Burns was meant to be something?

Fleming was saying at one point that he was yet to take any bags. Well yeah, he gets a max of 5 overs per spell and is lucky to have more than one spell per day.

Got handed the rock after 15 overs and I thought Gee that's early for him! After Starc and Cummins got a bit touched up, mind.

This team still has a lot to prove on spinning wickets. To me Khawaja, Head and Green all look to have technical deficiencies that will show up against spin. The tour against Pakistan will show where the team really stands.

Head feels a bit lucky as MotS, but I suppose he top-scored for the winners in a bowler-friendly series.

I also suggest we begin the cloning process on Green now.

That Head was being debated before the series kicked off shouldn't be considered but it shows we nailed that selection. He is in some form. No other batsmen put pressure back on the bowler like he did.

Unfortunate that Harris was dropped, but then Warner ducked out and Khawaja didn't get going. Doesn't exactly bode against Harris coming back in.

Probably better players in whiteball cricket but is it time we give Cam Green a run in ODI’s?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably better players in whiteball cricket but is it time we give Cam Green a run in ODI’s?
Big NO. They are very carefully manging his loads given he has suffered stress fractures already. Looks like they learnt their lesson after Watson. Plenty of time for him to play limited overs cricket later in his career once his body is matured and match hardened.

This NSW boys club rubbish you go on with is just embarrassing. Our bowling attack may all be from NSW ( assuming all fit and Hazelwood in for Boland) but that's because they are the best bowlers in the county. Richo is very good, I'm a fan but he is not being left out because he is from WA.
Not really because its true there is a definite bias with the team in regards to the NSW boys club

There is no way IMO Starc should of been picked for the first test the way he was bowling leading up to it and his form from the previous year and the form that Jhye was in....plus Starc should of been rested for the last test. Yes Starc bowled well on some of the best pitches seen for bowlers for years

Vaughnie stated that he had never seen Australian pitches with so much juice in them Starc took advantage but even then he could not bowl us to victory in sydney on the last day ,,,,jhye did with 5 wickets on the flattest pitch of the series Adelaide yes it was pink ball but it was flatter

Then Jhye gets a little niggle for the boxing day test...my mail is that he was "rested under the presumption of playing in hobart the next pink ball test" then boland comes along and bowls brilliantly which is fantastic but jhye was really duped and hard done by

Then the last test comes along and Cummins who is great mates with Starc wants to keep him in to stick it up loud mouth warney who gave it to him at the beginning of the series

Last year the selectors stated that the bowlers were tired and should of been rested.....so does this mean only bowlers who don't play for NSW get rotated?? Lyon didn't even bowl a ball in Hobart but still got picked

When Hazelwood is fit yes he will come back in because he is class for me the bowler under most pressure is Starc,,,last time Jhye bowled for Australia he took 5 wickets on the flattest wicket of the series the equivalent of making hundred for a bowler....Starc didn't take a 5 for all series

So yes there is a definite bias for the NSW boys club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back