Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Mark McGowan says he doesn't know who Cam Green is. I don't know what to make of this. This has done more to dent McGowan's reputation in my eyes than any of the border restrictions.
I would understand if he was asking who's Scott Green, but not who's Cam Green!

The rules were changed though once teams were wiped out with COVID. Players that were outside defined squads were brought into BBL teams to cover players that were sick with COVID.
That's the local replacement play rule which has existed almost the entire competition history. This season it was altered to limit the pool of players so the replacements would avoid covid issues (ie so Perth wouldn't have players that would get ****ed over from transit).

Sixers did it the other night with Lenton replacing Phillippe.
Lenton was added to the LRP pool as there were no suitable players available (ie a wicketkeeper) as was found earlier when the Scorchers were penalised a point for bringing in a 'keeper but not actually playing him.

So what CA are saying is bringing in players from outside the defined squad are okay, as long as they are grade cricket spuds.
Yeah, that's pretty much been the rule since day dot. With the variation this season the Sixers baulked at getting Smith added to the replacement pool because they didn't want him to play for anyone else. The Strikers have been using a LRP for the past 6 matches, you think they wouldn't jump at the chance to 'upgrade'?

They did knock over Healy and Mooney in the first 4 overs, and had Perry inside 15.
Few early wickets with a new ball and then get spanked. It was the wrong decision, the pitch was not a raging green top, pretty much the only time you consider sending a team in to bat in a test.

Few early wickets with a new ball and then get spanked. It was the wrong decision, the pitch was not a raging green top, pretty much the only time you consider sending a team in to bat in a test.
If they take the chance at slip a few balls before lunch to get Lanning, could've been a very different game

Coulda woulda shoulda. It was a bad call. They needed to win this to have any chance and they gave away their biggest advantage.

Watched a decent 3 part documentary the other day.

The Billionaire Scoundrel​

Allen Standford conned his way into billions of dollars and used his fortune to launch the biggest tournament in cricketing history... before being sent to prison for 110 years for masterminding one of the largest Ponzi schemes of all time.

Star ring-ins for finals would completely undermine the legitimacy of the competition.

Either it's a serious league of defined squads or it's a glorified bunch of exhibition matches and the results are meaningless but oooh look shiny big names playing.

Tell that to Freo that time they loaded up Peel to win the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allen Standford conned his way into billions of dollars and used his fortune to launch the biggest tournament in cricketing history... before being sent to prison for 110 years for masterminding one of the largest Ponzi schemes of all time.

Look I love cricket, but if I scammed my way into billions of dollars “enormous cricket tournament” wouldn’t be that high on my shopping list.

On Stan yeah?

Might have to turn Stan back on for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back