Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Remember that joke when the Aussie team had Mitchells Starc, Marsh and Johnson, plus Shaun Marsh?

So there were 3 Mitchells, 2 Marshes, 2 Mitchell non-Marshes, 1 non-Mitchell Marsh, and 1 Mitchell Marsh. Plus 6 non-Mitchell non-Marshes.

Well I found it funny.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t rate NCN that much anymore. Can be really handy but bowls too many pie overs at the death and gets spanked too often
He is still a good bowler. I think he'd be a great 50 over bowler still but CA needs to have a contract overhaul so we don't lose guys like him and Lynn in the ODD game.

Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
Gary Kirsten
Peter Kirsten
Ian Chappell
Graeme Pollock
Greg Chappell
Mark Waugh
Steve Waugh
Andy Flower (wk)
Richard Hadlee
Peter Pollock
Dayle Hadlee

12th Man: Grant Flower

Definitely short on the bowling department, but I think with the Waughs and Chappells there's decent coverage.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Gary Kirsten
Peter Kirsten
Ian Chappell
Graeme Pollock
Greg Chappell
Mark Waugh
Steve Waugh
Andy Flower (wk)
Richard Hadlee
Peter Pollock
Dayle Hadlee

12th Man: Grant Flower

Definitely short on the bowling department, but I think with the Waughs and Chappells there's decent coverage.
Solid lineup

If it were limited overs you could also consider some more recent brothers like the Bravos, Pandyas, Pathans, Currans
There really aren't many sibling combinations where 1 was a bowler and 1 was a batsman.

Can we go father son / family as well?
I feel like there are fewer Father/Son cricketers than sibling cricketers

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Solid lineup

If it were limited overs you could also consider some more recent brothers like the Bravos, Pandyas, Pathans, Currans
There really aren't many sibling combinations where 1 was a bowler and 1 was a batsman.

I feel like there are fewer Father/Son cricketers than sibling cricketers

Asking as I'd want Graeme and Shaun Pollock. Their best ever player and imo second best ever bowler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Victor Richardson and the Chappells for the Grandfather/grandson combo.

1637706308704.png

Nathan & Brendon McCullum.

Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Nope, fold them. Dominated three days and still lost.
Terrible declaration. Could have just batted Tassie out of the match but instead they tried to go hard to start day 4, lost a few wickets, then stupidly declared with most of the day left, down a strike bowler since early in Tassie's innings, on a pitch that was a road for most of the match and wasn't showing any signs of breaking up.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Terrible declaration. Could have just batted Tassie out of the match but instead they tried to go hard to start day 4, lost a few wickets, then stupidly declared with most of the day left, down a strike bowler since early in Tassie's innings, on a pitch that was a road for most of the match and wasn't showing any signs of breaking up.
If you bat a team out of it on the last day, they just block it out. You want to set an enticing total that encourages them to play shots and take a few risks.
It didn't work out today though.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
If you bat a team out of it on the last day, they just block it out. You want to set an enticing total that encourages them to play shots and take a few risks.
It didn't work out today though.
Yep
At least they went for the outright.

Sometimes a team just plays well and beats you.
I'd much prefer this type of game to the other runfests we've been having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back