Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starc was so poor for so long prior to this test and but looks to have found his mojo back. He's a confidence player and I think just resting him again probs can do just as much harm. I think Jhye will get a go with Pakistan/India and SL tours coming up. I suspect Richo might get his chance v SL.

He might go but getting a game is going to be difficult with the success of Boland and Hazelwood will be fit plus the boys club of NSW

I fear we will be losing out on a gun bowler playing test cricket IMO ....who do we play next home summer ?? I think WI for two tests then SAF for 3

Will Jhye get a game....probably not doesn't matter how many wickets Jhye takes NSW boys club will take priority

He might go but getting a game is going to be difficult with the success of Boland and Hazelwood will be fit plus the boys club of NSW

I fear we will be losing out on a gun bowler playing test cricket IMO ....who do we play next home summer ?? I think WI for two tests then SAF for 3

Will Jhye get a game....probably not doesn't matter how many wickets Jhye takes NSW boys club will take priority
Think a couple of the big dogs will be rotated around next summer. Could potentially play the Windies.

Time is probably right for a bit of a shake-up of the Indian batting, too. Get Iyer in there for Rahane, and make Rohit captain, for a start.
Get and keep Gill in. I think he’s injured at the moment though. But should be persisted with at 3 instead of opening IMO

Starc was so poor for so long prior to this test and but looks to have found his mojo back. He's a confidence player and I think just resting him again probs can do just as much harm. I think Jhye will get a go with Pakistan/India and SL tours coming up. I suspect Richo might get his chance v SL.

Are you serious? After the first 3 tests Starc would have been named man of the series. Sure he had a poor fourth test but it's almost like there is a Tom Swift bias against the bloke on here.

Starc is more like Jack Darling. Best is incredible. His worst...hard to watch.

I think it's fair to say that Starc's form last summer was poor to horrible. He was lethal in the first three Tests this summer, looked tired in the fourth and has been up and down so far in this Test from the little I've seen. Fortunately with Green's form with the ball we have an option if it isn't working for Starc midgame.

This NSW boys club rubbish you go on with is just embarrassing. Our bowling attack may all be from NSW ( assuming all fit and Hazelwood in for Boland) but that's because they are the best bowlers in the county. Richo is very good, I'm a fan but he is not being left out because he is from WA.

Great description of Marnus' dismissal yesterday:

If you saw somebody get bowled like that in a video game, you'd trade it back in immediately. Who can say if it is a reflection or an indictment of the modern game that the number one Test batter in the world can be bowled while moonwalking onto his own face two feet outside his off stump.
QWOP cricket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious? After the first 3 tests Starc would have been named man of the series. Sure he had a poor fourth test but it's almost like there is a Tom Swift bias against the bloke on here.
Sorry meant series and not test

Gonna dig up the record for being bowled out for under 200 the most times in a single series. This English batting line-up will give it a shake I reckon.

EDIT: The record is 9 from a six test series (Australia v England 78/79). From a five test series the record stands at 8 having occurred three times - England in the Windies 85/86, NZ in England 58 and England in South Africa 1905/06. I've predicted England for seven sub 200 totals.
I went pretty aggressive with my seven sub-200 prediction.

The poms did their best and I'm proud of their efforts to get to six.

What a feeble batting line up this is.

Last edited:
How does this Ashes squad compare to 2017/18. Personally don’t rate them as good as the 2017 but bowling has been marginally better the english have beeb worse this series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back