Roast Summer Melting

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please update the Bennell files here. At one point he is never playing again, then he is fitter than ever, then not at training, then never to play again... WTF? Anyone have anything?

Can someone please update the Bennell files here. At one point he is never playing again, then he is fitter than ever, then not at training, then never to play again... WTF? Anyone have anything?
Off to Germany for some cow blood injections.

Max Rooke had something similar with his dodgy knees, think he came back ok from memory.

Minor injury in his "good calf" according to Freo website. Should be fine for round one, but we'll send him to Germany just in case. Extreme caution or desperation - I dunno.

Choosing to be an optimist with Bennell. Confident we will see him tearing it up for most or all of next year until the club comes out and says otherwise.

Calf issues for a 24yo can't be career ending surely. Expecting him to get back to his best like Victor Cruz in the NFL including plenty of OTT goal celebrations (but without the fines) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Cruz_(American_football)

Choosing to be an optimist with Bennell. Confident we will see him tearing it up for most or all of next year until the club comes out and says otherwise.

Calf issues for a 24yo can't be career ending surely. Expecting him to get back to his best like Victor Cruz in the NFL including plenty of OTT goal celebrations (but without the fines) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Cruz_(American_football)

They normally don't result in a whole season on the sidelines either.

Far too many words to sift through on Victor. Did he have calf issues too?

They normally don't result in a whole season on the sidelines either.

Far too many words to sift through on Victor. Did he have calf issues too?
Very similar but he was a lot older. Continually re-injured it, had 2 years of rehab and plenty wrote him off but he got through it and is back playing now. Think he is the same height as Bennell as well - and similar x-factor as a wide receiver.

Calves are the pretty much worst injury you can get and Harley now has two dodgy ones. I'm close to giving up on him but hopefully he can play in the forward pocket for us, it worked well for Cyril after his chronic hamstring issues. Sadly I can't never see Harley running out the season as a midfielder. This kills me because he's been my favourite player ever since he joined the AFL and a fit Harley is critical for us to have a crack at a premiership. This set back has left me numb but hopefully it's a small hiccup and he gets going after this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calves are the pretty much worst injury you can get and Harley now has two dodgy ones. I'm close to giving up on him but hopefully he can play in the forward pocket for us, it worked well for Cyril after his chronic hamstring issues. Sadly I can't never see Harley running out the season as a midfielder. This kills me because he's been my favourite player ever since he joined the AFL and a fit Harley is critical for us to have a crack at a premiership. This set back has left me numb but hopefully it's a small hiccup and he gets going after this.

I want to like this, but.... there is a lot of melt, and a lot of hope based on one player. What is your track record on buddy drafting? Mine was Ballas (2015) and Fyfe (2916) and both had the worst seasons in their respective careers, so I am becoming a sacrificial anode this year and not starting - or potentially picking a lost player bound to climb after my selection (but maybe ending their career)! - maybe I should be left to pick Bennell and luck will change?.

I want to like this, but.... there is a lot of melt, and a lot of hope based on one player. What is your track record on buddy drafting? Mine was Ballas (2015) and Fyfe (2916) and both had the worst seasons in their respective careers, so I am becoming a sacrificial anode this year and not starting - or potentially picking a lost player bound to climb after my selection (but maybe ending their career)! - maybe I should be left to pick Bennell and luck will change?.

Not unexpected that Fyfie had a down year in 2916 old mate, what with him being 900 odd years old the pack marking ability, shoulders and knees have no doubt moderated somewhat. Plus one doubts his topknot was as imposing as in his nine century previous glory days...

We need top end talent on our list to compete with GWS, Bulldogs and any other team that sky rockets up the ladder. Harley is a very special player and it's not easy to find such players. I want a quick re-build like everyone else does and without a fit Harley it's going to be difficult and whole lot less fun.

I'm not a superstitious person but it's hard to ignore the correlation between your buddy pick and their bad luck for the season. Suban will be a great buddy pick up this year!

Nothing but talls talls and more talls. Where are all the ****** smalls? People are going to think they are down Pemberton/Denmark way when visiting training. Other WAFL teams are going to be concerned our forward line might get hungry and eat them. Seriously Lloydy would it have killed you to pick up a few smalls in this draft?

Rant may or may not be accurate

Nothing but talls talls and more talls. Where are all the ****** smalls? People are going to think they are down Pemberton/Denmark way when visiting training. Other WAFL teams are going to be concerned our forward line might get hungry and eat them. Seriously Lloydy would it have killed you to pick up a few smalls in this draft?

Rant may or may not be accurate
Maybe next year , peel local boy got a few small to balance it out. If not nobody want to play for peel .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back