Summer of Cricket 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Match cricket is the only form of the game I can watch. I watch bits n pieces of one dayers and international T20 matches but the Big Bash is an absoulte joke. It is the most pointless competition I have ever seen. I love Gilly and Ponting but channel 10 showing them in the comm box just made it awkward for them and the viewers.

Cant wait for boxing day when real cricket is back on.

Test Match cricket is the only form of the game I can watch. I watch bits n pieces of one dayers and international T20 matches but the Big Bash is an absoulte joke. It is the most pointless competition I have ever seen. I love Gilly and Ponting but channel 10 showing them in the comm box just made it awkward for them and the viewers.

I find watching the Test like watching Paint Dry. I can not sit there and watch it all the Time. I just have it on in the Background and that is the same for all Formats

Ah see I love all forms of cricket, particularly one-dayers even though they seem to be going out of fashion quicker than live television.

I find watching the Test like watching Paint Dry. I can not sit there and watch it all the Time. I just have it on in the Background and that is the same for all Formats

I understand people find test cricket boring most of the time but I love even the 'boring' bits.....because something exciting is just one ball away all the time.

Ah see I love all forms of cricket, particularly one-dayers even though they seem to be going out of fashion quicker than live television.
Im a little older now but i used to think one-day cricket was the pinnacle back in the 90's and 00's. I never missed the first one dayer of the summer at the MCG in front of 70 odd thousand people. Couldnt beat the atmosphere. Now its slow and boring outside the powerplays and the last 10 overs. Most of the field is on the fence and the batsman just push singles. I find it frustrating to watch

Joe Burns my boy is in! He's my tip to eventually take over the number 3. Give him the rest of the summer, drop Watson I don't really care but let's get some young quality batting talent cranking!

Joe Burns my boy is in! He's my tip to eventually take over the number 3. Give him the rest of the summer, drop Watson I don't really care but let's get some young quality batting talent cranking!

Finding, not playing them, is the issue.

I love Watson but he certainly has to be on the outer now.

Im a little older now but i used to think one-day cricket was the pinnacle back in the 90's and 00's. I never missed the first one dayer of the summer at the MCG in front of 70 odd thousand people. Couldnt beat the atmosphere. Now its slow and boring outside the powerplays and the last 10 overs. Most of the field is on the fence and the batsman just push singles. I find it frustrating to watch

Perhaps because of BBL and the playstyle of a lot of our Test players now (Warner, Watson, even Smith to an extent) is to just hit boundaries I find the hard running between wickets very refreshing. Probably why Hussey was so great to watch as he really played Test cricket like it was meant to be played IMO. Not that there are necessarily any around anymore, but I'll take a batsman with a strikerate of 90 off singles & 2s than one off of purely 4s any day of the week because it just makes the play lest stagnant IMO.

The way they go on about how strong the batsmen are these days is ridiculous too, sure there are a few who are larger than your classics like Watson and Finch, but it's purely because of the size of the bat that boundaries come so easily.

At the end of the day though I've always found watching good bowling more enjoyable than good batting, so I'm very happy that Lyon has really lifted his game to a proper international level.

Perhaps because of BBL and the playstyle of a lot of our Test players now (Warner, Watson, even Smith to an extent) is to just hit boundaries I find the hard running between wickets very refreshing. Probably why Hussey was so great to watch as he really played Test cricket like it was meant to be played IMO. Not that there are necessarily any around anymore, but I'll take a batsman with a strikerate of 90 off singles & 2s than one off of purely 4s any day of the week because it just makes the play lest stagnant IMO.

The way they go on about how strong the batsmen are these days is ridiculous too, sure there are a few who are larger than your classics like Watson and Finch, but it's purely because of the size of the bat that boundaries come so easily.

At the end of the day though I've always found watching good bowling more enjoyable than good batting, so I'm very happy that Lyon has really lifted his game to a proper international level.
Agree, we can't blame the selectors for the guys in the side. They simply are the best we have. The spots are available if someone wants to put up their hand and make a run or two. Watson has to play while Mitch Marsh is out. I am worried about Watsons fitness, he bowled alot last test and will have to again boxing day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand people find test cricket boring most of the time but I love even the 'boring' bits.....because something exciting is just one ball away all the time

Very True but I just can’t sit there for long times of Period to watch it. If I am having something to eat or Drink or Even a Rest I might watch for about 5-15 minutes

Could watch test cricket every day of the summer. To me, it is cricket. :)

Yep, I can't really get into the Big Bash League

All the teams feel soulless, like the players are just there for an easy paycheck and the marketing/"entertainment" at the ground just feel annoying and try-hard.

Still better than most of Australian TV though

Could watch test cricket every day of the summer. To me, it is cricket. :)

When I was a Kid I loved Watching Cricket but Now It just not the same for me.

Still follow it but just can’t sit down and watch it all day.

I would IF I went to the Ground

All the teams feel soulless, like the players are just there for an easy paycheck and the marketing/"entertainment" at the ground just feel annoying and try-hard.

It is the only way to stop Aussie Kids choosing AFL over Cricket

I'll watch it just because I am a bit of a cricket but, but you are right about the soulless aspect.

Same with me about the bowling. The subcontinent started making these flat pitches and short boundaries because the fans go nuts when they see the ball flying around everywhere. Its not uncommon over there to have one team make 600 in the first innings.....second team makes 550....and the game turns into a boring draw.

Would much prefer to watch cricket in Australia or england where there is a little bit in the pitch for the bowlers and the batsmen have to really dig deep to survive

Agree, we can't blame the selectors for the guys in the side. They simply are the best we have. The spots are available if someone wants to put up their hand and make a run or two. Watson has to play while Mitch Marsh is out. I am worried about Watsons fitness, he bowled alot last test and will have to again boxing day

Sadly this is true. With such a weak side at the moment, it's a wonder we are where we are in the rankings. Without Johnson, Warner and Clarke we'd be a total rabble. Even Clarke of late has been struggling compared to 2 years ago.

10 years ago we had batsmen galore who couldn't get a game. Now we are reaching for blokes who average in the 30's and 40's at first class level, and rely one one or two to carry the side. We'd be stuffed without the contribution from our tailenders as well lately. Several times they have gotten us out of the poo.

India are in the Drivers Seat to beat us here.

Need a Big Captain Knocks from Smith.

Watson best innings for awhile and just makes 52

1. No they're not. It's evenly poised at best for them.

2. He's already made 72..

3. Since when did scoring a half century against a good Test team become ho-hum?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back