Cricket Thread: Bring on the Kiwis

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Paine taking a leave of absence from all forms of cricket.
Said at the time it became obvious why they named 3 keepers in the squad... because he wasn't going to play.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was having drinks with a mate last night who I’m mentoring on finance matters etc and he is in around the same age as Tim Paine. We got onto cricket and talked about the ACB etc.

Around 5/6 years ago, he wasn’t married and no kids, which now he does have and I said had he ever sent any dick pics, the answer was yes. It was an interesting conversation after that. Some of the responses justifying I couldn’t fathom. All I said at the end is I hope you never become famous.

Sorry but I obviously don’t get it given once it is out there, it is out there forever. Same goes for posting drunken social media posts etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I always find the form discussion is more important for some players than others.
Given they didn't take him to the T20 WC they were obviously judging him on it.

He SHOULD play the first Test, as should the guy he's batting with. The most in form opener in the country.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Given they didn't take him to the T20 WC they were obviously judging him on it.

He SHOULD play the first Test, as should the guy he's batting with. The most in form opener in the country.
I meant certain players

Blue caps its not so important (dark and light) everyone else they roll it out as something really important

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I really think Kayo was designed to be sh*t.

I've never in my life had so much buffering on any streaming service I've ever used

It makes watching the sport almost impossible
I was surprised how many people dumped fox to go to kayo.
Fox to me is well worth it having it at home and on multiple devices and streams perfectly.

I always find the form discussion is more important for some players than others.

Yup, it certainly is more important the more replaceable a player is.

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
I was surprised how many people dumped fox to go to kayo.
Fox to me is well worth it having it at home and on multiple devices and streams perfectly.

Some pros and cons of Kayo

Pros:

No set top box

Additional content - Shield and domestic cricket matches the main attraction for me, Fox only cover a small number of these games.

Price - Can get for $5 a month for 12 months, this can be used on multiple devices and households (my brother uses my subscription at his place)

Split screen options/ picture in picture - Bit of a gimmick but have used whilst two footy matches were on

Cons

Changing channels - Not as simple as using Foxtel

No 4k content - I'd imagine Foxtel will reserve this to their premium product for some years to come.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Some pros and cons of Kayo

Pros:

No set top box

Additional content - Shield and domestic cricket matches the main attraction for me, Fox only cover a small number of these games.

Price - Can get for $5 a month for 12 months, this can be used on multiple devices and households (my brother uses my subscription at his place)

Split screen options/ picture in picture - Bit of a gimmick but have used whilst two footy matches were on

Cons

Changing channels - Not as simple as using Foxtel

No 4k content - I'd imagine Foxtel will reserve this to their premium product for some years to come.
It was also a data pig when it first started,

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I've never had a buffering problem on Kayo.

Occasionally it might click down to lower res for a bit, but that's never for longer than 20 secs or so.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Most plans are unlimited data and speed tiers improving with the 5g v nbn battle coming up.

I forgot with the additional content the VFL matches now being shown of Kayo.

The VFL (and shield matches) are on their free service. I still have Foxtel (was going to switch to Kayo but Kayo doesn’t include the additional content on ESPN you get on Foxtel), and use Kayo freebies for the stuff that’s on Kayo but not Foxtel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back