Cricket Thread: Bring on the Kiwis

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to do anything stupid just continue to hit twos and take singles don't need a boundary off ever ball
You were right that after our start we didn't need to do anything stupid... but this is a SA cricket team...

Thought the lbw looked to he hitting middle & leg.
Nah the replay clearly shows heading towards leg stump and he was standing out the crease meaning the ball had a bit to travel. I'm not saying he wasn't lbw, I'm just saying it would be good in these games to have drs. Certainly not plum like the commentators make out.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nielsen doesnt look up to this level

Ended up with a reasonable score but got lucky.

Who is our third keeper in SA Cricket behind Carey and Neilsen? I have never seen Neilsen really do anything special for the Strikers or Redbacks.

Serious question if his name wasn't Neilsen would he be getting so many chances?

Nah the replay clearly shows heading towards leg stump and he was standing out the crease meaning the ball had a bit to travel. I'm not saying he wasn't lbw, I'm just saying it would be good in these games to have drs. Certainly not plum like the commentators make out.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was plumb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like this will be a long season

That batting order is so thin

Losing three bats to international duty (and likely two for the majority of the season) is a massive stinger. I bet the Strikers weren't expecting Paine to retire and Carey to get an upgrade

Losing three bats to international duty (and likely two for the majority of the season) is a massive stinger. I bet the Strikers weren't expecting Paine to retire and Carey to get an upgrade

Probably a fair comment. They would of planned to not have Carey toward the end of the season but had Head back by then.

Not sure if this is accurate but it feels like we have a really low turnover of players. Outside the internationals we basically have the same players that have come up short in recent years. I think that's Dizzy just backing in guys like Neilsen, Weatherald and Short.

Feels like that should of been an easy win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back