Cricket Thread: Bring on the Kiwis

Remove this Banner Ad

Hobart: We never get a test we want a test give us a test.

Cricket Australia: Ok here ya go

Hobart: Turns out a shocker of a pitch that’ll see a result inside 3 days

We scored 300 on it.

I keep saying this but this is test cricket on turf wickets, it is meant to be hard. I am rivetted to the screen watching this, it's great

Unusual Head bats left hand but throws right

Quita a few have. Hayden, Gilchrist, Langer, Hussey, Warner, Khawaja, Mark Taylor, Marcus North. Even Hazelwood

Lara, Cook, Sangakkara, Chanderpaul, Graeme Smith, Gower, Gayle, Ganguly, Ranatunga

There was a school of thought for a while that it was an advantage to have your dominant hand as your top hand.

Quita a few have. Hayden, Gilchrist, Langer, Hussey, Warner, Khawaja, Mark Taylor, Marcus North. Even Hazelwood

Lara, Cook, Sangakkara, Chanderpaul, Graeme Smith, Gower, Gayle, Ganguly, Ranatunga

There was a school of thought for a while that it was an advantage to have your dominant hand as your top hand.
I stand corrected........ not that unusual

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitching leg side is to prevent bowlers bowling wide of leg stump into the back of the batters legs which is apparently boring and defensive.

What I think should be removed is needing the impact in line. Any fair delivery going to hit the stumps should be out

what's boring and defensive is watching batsmen padding away balls that they should be forced to play at.

I was saying when Garton was getting smashed, there must be better bowlers playing grade cricket that we could pick up
I think, like a lot of English quicks including the current Ashes side, he bowled far too short and copped the treatment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back