Cricket Thread: Bring on the Kiwis

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't be the only one here thinking Rory Burns would have had a far more dominant series if he just went to the barber and got short back and sides before the tour started.

He used to have a sensible hair cut, this is what he used to sport when he hit a hundred against Australia when he started

1161176_1.jpg

Could have got a gig on Peaky Blinders with that

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
I can't be the only one here thinking Rory Burns would have had a far more dominant series if he just went to the barber and got short back and sides before the tour started.

He used to have a sensible hair cut, this is what he used to sport when he hit a hundred against Australia when he started

1161176_1.jpg

I honestly can't believe they brought him over here. That technique was always failing here.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Vader has sadly passed away after learning Travis Head was named Man of the Series in the Ashes
Careful you'll be accused of rent free or some other stupid thing

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

1161176_1.jpg

r3SnweX.gif

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
We’re you supposed to quote me? We are on the same page
I wasn't lol-ing you - just the idea that someone was confused (which was exactly what you were saying too).

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Captain and VC. They come straight back

My side
Short
Carey
Renshaw
Head
Wells
Weatherald
Kelly
Thornton
Siddle
Conway
Ahmad

Cockbain stiff

Kurt Cockbain plays before Kelly or Weatherald, surely.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Four years ago today. 40,000 people at Adelaide Oval. Alex Carey scored 100 off 56 balls.

Now I don't even check the scores on cricinfo, let alone go to the games.

View attachment 1312193
To be fair, the world is a very different place at the moment.

They run the risk of absolutely stuffing up the BBL, but it's not dead yet.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
To be fair, the world is a very different place at the moment.

They run the risk of absolutely stuffing up the BBL, but it's not dead yet.
Not dead yet... but on life support, hemorrhaging badly from massive (self-inflicted) internal wounds.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Four years ago today. 40,000 people at Adelaide Oval. Alex Carey scored 100 off 56 balls.

Now I don't even check the scores on cricinfo, let alone go to the games.

View attachment 1312193
I can't seem to get into 20/20 cricket. I wasn't even interested in it when it first started.

I prefer the 50 over game. Feels more like a balanced contest between bat and ball imo. It might just be the nostalgia talking though. I grew up in the era of guys like Bevan and Symonds.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't seem to get into 20/20 cricket. I wasn't even interested in it when it first started.

I prefer the 50 over game. Feels more like a balanced contest between bat and ball imo. It might just be the nostalgia talking though. I grew up in the era of guys like Bevan and Symonds.

Yep 20/20 not for me. I know it’s encouraged players to innovate with their shots and the few I’ve watched it’s been great to see some of the older players, especially spinners like Brad Hogg. Love watching spinners.

I may have told this story before but anyway: I interviewed Jason Gillespie once at a fundraiser. My last question was: “Cricket is getting shorter and shorter. Tests used to be 6 days, with a rest day. Then they went to 5. But that was too long so they went to 50 overs. Then that was too long so they went to 20. Called it Twenty-20. But that’s got four syllables - far too many, so they shortened it to T-20. Only 3 syllables. But that was too long so now it’s called Big Bash - only two syllables. So my question to you is - can you ever see a day when the captains walk out on the ground, toss the coin…and whoever wins that wins the game??”

He said “There’s a competition overseas that only lasts 10 overs. Each bowler only has 2 overs. It’s all over in about an hour.” 😳😲😄

Back