Summer of cricket Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s got a big mouth on him that’s for sure.

Probably should be having those conversations behind the scenes rather than shooting off in the press.

CA have many faults and have ballsed lot of things up over the years but a global pandemic isn’t an easy thing for an international games to work through
It comes down to the fact 7 have taken a massive financial hit they over paid for the Footy and Cricket. They ran the big bash into the ground and they were hoping the Olympics would deliver a much needed cash injection

He’s got a big mouth on him that’s for sure.

Probably should be having those conversations behind the scenes rather than shooting off in the press.

CA have many faults and have ballsed lot of things up over the years but a global pandemic isn’t an easy thing for an international games to work through
I think technically he said that in a shareholders address not to the press. Chris Barrett has just got a hold of what he said which wouldn't be hard obviously. It'd be about reassuring his shareholders more than anything.

Edit: Nevermind, your point stands.

Last edited:
I think technically he said that in a shareholders address not to the press. Chris Barrett has just got a hold of what he said which wouldn't be hard obviously. It'd be about reassuring his shareholders more than anything.

“It’s the most incompetent administration I’ve ever worked with,” Warburton told News Corp.

“It’s a train wreck. We are forced to consider all our options including terminating the contract and we have put them on notice.

“This is not an acceptable product and we will not support the season. Cricket Australia have an obligation to deliver a competition of no lesser standard than the past.”

doesn't sound like something you would say to shareholders to fill them with confidence.

“It’s the most incompetent administration I’ve ever worked with,” Warburton told News Corp.

“It’s a train wreck. We are forced to consider all our options including terminating the contract and we have put them on notice.

“This is not an acceptable product and we will not support the season. Cricket Australia have an obligation to deliver a competition of no lesser standard than the past.”

doesn't sound like something you would say to shareholders to fill them with confidence.
Well I was wrong.

someone woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning

not sure why he is complaining about BBL vs International schedule when they have always clashed, and the network would have known that when they bought the rights.
complaining about them needing to possibly use some grade players is interesting, seeing the competition's done that since day 1. if not for his success in the bbl chris green would be playing grade

complaining about them needing to possibly use some grade players is interesting, seeing the competition's done that since day 1. if not for his success in the bbl chris green would be playing grade

true, but stars (players, not necessarily the Melbourne BBL franchise) with name value sell tickets/get eyeballs on screens. If CA needs to introduce hubs for the Test series, they will need to pick a larger squad, which most likely has a flow-on effect to BBL, possibly coupled with less International players due to travel restrictions/quarantine.

not sure why he is complaining about BBL vs International schedule when they have always clashed, and the network would have known that when they bought the rights.

Also it will still likely be on the Channel so to knock the product publically seems strange.

They have always clashed, but the additional camps and quarantine is going to keep more players out of the BBL than normal.
Serves Seven right for allowing Fox (and even lobbying the Minister to give an expemtion) to hide the international white ball stuff behind the paywall.

They have always clashed, but the additional camps and quarantine is going to keep more players out of the BBL than normal.
Serves Seven right for allowing Fox (and even lobbying the Minister to give an expemtion) to hide the international white ball stuff behind the paywall.

Yep...to be honest I have no sympathy for 7 at all. They made the bid for the sake of pinching it from channel 9 and ten and then delivered us less

Yep...to be honest I have no sympathy for 7 at all. They made the bid for the sake of pinching it from channel 9 and ten and then delivered us less
Cricket Australia should have awarded the rights to 10. Would have been a fantastic outcome for everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pinching TV shows from rival networks only to run it into the ground appears to be Seven's MO recently

The bbl should be reduced to a 2 week round Robin with finals. I get the gimmick and money making power by attracting kids but kids lose interest with anything over time. Then your just left with hardcore fans. T20 is a gimmick and plenty of cricket fans can't stomach the bastardisation of the game for entertainment. Keep it simple and keep short.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really hoping this summer isn’t a flop. Is there any news on the test series with India yet about where matches will be played, think I heard the MCG is pushing to have 25k Boxing Day. There might need to be some reshuffling. I can’t see teams coming over for a few ODI’s or T20’s though, from memory Windies and NZL were supposed to be playing a few limited overs games. Does anybody else also think that having staggered crowds at the cricket be weird or is that just me.

Really hoping this summer isn’t a flop. Is there any news on the test series with India yet about where matches will be played, think I heard the MCG is pushing to have 25k Boxing Day. There might need to be some reshuffling. I can’t see teams coming over for a few ODI’s or T20’s though, from memory Windies and NZL were supposed to be playing a few limited overs games. Does anybody else also think that having staggered crowds at the cricket be weird or is that just me.

subject to change it was previously announced as Brisbane/Adelaide/Melbourne/Sydney

I thought the Windies was just T20I as pre-World Cup warmups? India were scheduled to play 3 ODIs after the Tests (might be moved before?), and the NZ ODIs/T20 scheduled around end of Jan will be pushed back a week or 2 to finish the BBL finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back