Summer of cricket Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

The afl want to do the same ...they have until 31 December to get a season done. Should CA allow the afl to use the G come summer time?

I'd be interested to see the contracts both the AFL and CA have with the MCG. You'd think if there are any games at all in Victoria, they'll be at Docklands. Personally, I think it's a moot point. Reckon the season will fall over long before December.

On Offsiders this morning it was mentioned Ganguly confirmed India would tour Australia. Except, only under the condition that there was no quarantine on arrival. Which, as things stand, means India will quite possibly not tour Australia.

I can't find any mention of it anywhere else yet though. And it is different to May, when the BCCI said they would have the players go into quarantine.

On Offsiders this morning it was mentioned Ganguly confirmed India would tour Australia. Except, only under the condition that there was no quarantine on arrival. Which, as things stand, means India will quite possibly not tour Australia.

I can't find any mention of it anywhere else yet though. And it is different to May, when the BCCI said they would have the players go into quarantine.

I’m not really sure who these blokes think they are...saying the won’t quarantine is a disgrace

He wants it shortened, isn’t against quarantine but doesn’t want to do 14 days in a hotel room.

Although if the AFL teams can still get out during their quarantine, they surely wouldn’t be stuck in a room for two weeks, they’d be allowed to train and get out in a controlled environment

they want a shortened quarantine period.

tell them tough luck, it's not CA's call on such matters.

He wants it shortened, isn’t against quarantine but doesn’t want to do 14 days in a hotel room.

Although if the AFL teams can still get out during their quarantine, they surely wouldn’t be stuck in a room for two weeks, they’d be allowed to train and get out in a controlled environment
That didn't seem to be what was said this monring, but I was only half paying attention. To me that makes sense, povided they can be kept apart from other guests, etc. Although governments might not want to give special consideration to one group of people that isn't afforded to others in quarantine. "One rule for us, another rule for them" isn't going to lead to acceptance of isolation.

There's basically a hotel on site at Adelaide. That would be an ideal stay&train quarantine centre.

edit: Just saw the link from Cleavy - I don't think the public would buy into shortened quarantine at all.

Are footy players quarantined at all?

I think thats why Collingwood play Geelong in Perth next week so its 14 days before they play the WA sides. They are more isolated than quarantined, but they were confined to their hotels and training venues pretty much.

I think the WA and SA sides had a bit more freedom than the Victorian clubs are being given due to the issues of Victoria.

Yeah, it's not going to happen BCCI.

If it's good enough for the Windies to do it in England, India's going to do it or miss out on the money.

Bit of an out there take, but seems more like Ganguly posturing for a political career than anything to do with cricket(?)

His comments seem a lot more informal than the headline suggests though.

How entitled are the Indians? Really no surprise at all but it’s an ugly look for them to even suggest they face different quarantine conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it's not going to happen BCCI.

If it's good enough for the Windies to do it in England, India's going to do it or miss out on the money.
Isn’t it Australia that misses out on the money if India don’t come?

CA will doing everything they can to get India here.

potential D/N Test in Perth? I guess the tv ratings for the opening 2 sessions would be strong.
"It is understood that during their last call with CA, ACB officials reasoned that since Afghanistan had never played a day-night Test, it would not be possible to play one now."

That's some circular reasoning.

Ch7 boss having another whinge.

He’s got a big mouth on him that’s for sure.

Probably should be having those conversations behind the scenes rather than shooting off in the press.

CA have many faults and have ballsed lot of things up over the years but a global pandemic isn’t an easy thing for an international games to work through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back