Summer of cricket Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

I fully understand why WA has been left in the cold over the next summer. Remember we are hosting India, who have made a lot of demands, which will be satisfied by the ACB.

BUT, will this be a negative for getting youngsters involved in the game in WA. It’s a point that has been raised by people involved with junior sport.

Lol, 2 years ago they played in Perth and not Brisbane and everyone complained it was because India wouldn’t play in Brisbane. Now India is demanding to play in Brisbane and not Perth?

Yeah that is bullshit. First 3 days at the SCG test are always 30k+, unless Sri Lanka is playing or something.

I often travel up there for the new year test. Getting a ticket on the first three days is bloody difficult.

So they pick Green in a limited overs squad that he will probably be running drinks for when there are 2 Australia A red ball matches on at the same time that he now will miss out on?

Last edited:

I thought the Aus A matches were after the white ball series?
Looks like the 2nd one is, 1st one is during the white ball series. Still, Green shouldn't be anywhere near a white ball squad and should at be playing as a bat in both Aus A matches.

Lots of talented players have been introduced to the setup through the One Day squad. Clarke played one dayers a year before his test debut, it's a good way to get them to understand what's required of an international cricketer without the extended pressure of a test match.

Lol, 2 years ago they played in Perth and not Brisbane and everyone complained it was because India wouldn’t play in Brisbane. Now India is demanding to play in Brisbane and not Perth?

i thought the reason why they are playing in brisbane is the aussie team all like playing there based on location and their success rate.

will be hilarious if we lose the series in the last game there.

in saying that perth was never going to get the india test even though we have the bigger indian support base here not to mention the better stadium. cricket australia was determined to give brisbane that test at all costs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont know how to feel about having no games in perth

blame should surely be placed on the government. the outrage will be worse should he bring down the border in a month.

really disappointed.
Just hanging on until the election, IMO. Imagine if we re-opened borders and got a breakout like that in Victoria.

They made an exception for the Eagles because, well, it's the Eagles. Dockers came along for the ride. But they won't make an exception for any other teams, even though the AFL games have proved it can work. I mean, Crown is right next door to Optus, and they can get bussed to the WACA for training while in quarantine.

Unfortunately we have a weak opposition and a compliant media so no-one is pointing out how stupid it is.

25,000 capacity at the MCG from 22 of November.

Boxing Day is on.

25,000 capacity at the MCG from 22 of November.

Boxing Day is on.
Hoping the same crowd will apply to the BBL for the Melbourne games and it only increases to the footy season

I find it hard to see Burns be picked right now he has scored 46 runs at an average of 11.5 so far this season. Looks like he has one last chance in the second innings. I find it surprising this is the last round of the Shield before the break, BBL doesn’t start for a month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back