Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warner and harris should never get another game for australia again..fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail...warner 1 decent score and that is it for the entire series and harris..nothing.

The Marsh dismissal was Woakes first no ball in test cricket in 850 overs (obviously not every ball is checked)

I could live with Marsh making such a scratchy a 100 that'd make Rory Burns blush

How must Joe Burns feel looking at the opportunities given to other players in our batting lineup?

I imagine that it would be incredibly frustrating to the point where you’d start to think “well if I score less runs, then maybe I’ll get more opportunities”.
I think it’s obvious the openers need a new change. For starters we need a right hand, left hand combo. Burns I think will get his chance this coming summer of cricket in Australia. I also would like to see Khawaja given another go, perhaps also as an opener. He was doing well as an opener in a previous series, so might be worth trying him again there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are we playing this summer?
Pakistan and New Zealand

Carey in for Paine
Labuschagne captain (struggling to think of another option (and he's not one anyway))

Hope Renshaw starts the domestic season well because there are two opening spots available.

An update on MMarsh's claims to WOAT status (worst #6 test batsman in the history of Test Match cricket worldwide).

MMarsh's twin batting failures (16 & 24) weren't sufficiently bad as to regain his title. He is now tied for 2nd with Dwayne Bravo, with both players averaging 26.61 when batting at #6. Bravo is still 2nd on the list, so I assume he's marginally worse when the averages are calculated down to the 3rd or 4th decimal place. MMarsh was only 1 run off being the 2nd worst #6 test batsman of all time.

Warner is now Australia's only WOAT currently in the lineup. Warner has been dismissed more times for single figures in a 5+ test match series than any other batsman in history. His total of 95 is the lowest for any opening batsman in a 5+ test match series, in the entire history of Test Match cricket.

An update on MMarsh's claims to WOAT status (worst #6 test batsman in the history of Test Match cricket worldwide).

MMarsh's twin batting failures (16 & 24) weren't sufficiently bad as to regain his title. He is now tied for 2nd with Dwayne Bravo, with both players averaging 26.61 when batting at #6. Bravo is still 2nd on the list, so I assume he's marginally worse when the averages are calculated down to the 3rd or 4th decimal place. MMarsh was only 1 run off being the 2nd worst #6 test batsman of all time.

Warner is now Australia's only WOAT currently in the lineup. Warner has been dismissed more times for single figures in a 5+ test match series than any other batsman in history. His total of 95 is the lowest for any opening batsman in a 5+ test match series, in the entire history of Test Match cricket.
Australian cricket have an AFC style selection philosophy. Back in the boys, even if they’re failing and you can see they will fail again.

atleast marsh did something with the ball

warner did nothing for the entire series. not even counting the 61 he made in the 3rd test, that was clearly an abiration

warner did nothing for the entire series. not even counting the 61 he made in the 3rd test, that was clearly an abiration
Bancroft was dropped after making only 44 runs in the first 2 tests. That's an average of 11 per innings. Warner averaged 9.5 for the entire 5 test series.

heard on TMS last night, the opening partnership average for both sides was only something awful like 12 runs the entire series. this is the lowest in any test series in history (min 3 test match series)

I propose we do an overhaul of the current batting line up. The formula is such that the new ins will likely to better than the current batting woes.

Outs:
1. Warner
2. Harris
3. Bancroft
4. Khawaja
5. MMarsh
6. Paine

Ins:
1. Vader
2. Mattymac
3. Drugs Are Bad Mackay
4. Kane Goodwin
5. Froggy
6. Crowsbloke

Problem is Marsh is woeful as a #6. He should have played in Siddle's role if we wanted to replace Starc, kept Head & swapped out our openers... & we could have won the series.

We need a new coach.

We misread the pitch badly

Not just reflected in the coin toss but in selection - hence we went Siddle over Starc.

We must have thought it would nibble around and offer some seam movement.

Bowl first, pick an extra line and length trundler.

Whoops.

Cost us the series.

We misread the pitch badly

Not just reflected in the coin toss but in selection - hence we went Siddle over Starc.

We must have thought it would nibble around and offer some seam movement.

Bowl first, pick an extra line and length trundler.

Whoops.

Cost us the series.
Surely we should be investigated for match fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back