Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why Test Cricket is so great for me.
Poms well on top and then Aussies ground there way back to have it even by stumps, poms well on top again and now it’s done a 180.
It’s also a reason to stick it up people who give it to Warner and his type. When you score as quickly as he does you don’t just lose a couple of wickets batting in your fourth session and you’re under the pump. You’d be 400.
It’s a fine line.

“I had discussions with the match officials, I've been charged with attempting to change the condition of the ball," Bancroft said after play in Cape Town. "We had a discussion during the break and I saw an opportunity to use some tape, get some granules from the rough patches on the wickets and change the condition, it didn't work, the umpires didn't change the ball. I was cited on the screen and that resulted in me shoving it down my trousers."

A contrite Steven Smith admitted to Australia's leadership group knowing about it. "The leadership group knew about it. We spoke about it at lunch," he said. "I am not proud of what's happened. It's not within the spirit of the game. My integrity, the team's integrity and the leadership group's integrity has come into question. It wont happen again.

"It was the leadership group's idea. Poor choice and we deeply regret our actions. The coaches weren't involved. It was purely the leadership group who came up with this. This is the first time it has happened under my leadership. We saw this game as such as an important game. We've seen the ball reversing through this series and this ball didn't seem like it was going to go. It's such poor actions. Deeply regrettable and wont happen again. I can promise you. I can promise you this is the first time it has happened.

"I am embarrassed. I know the boys in the shed are embarrassed as well. Being the leader I am incredibly sorry. If we weren't caught, I would still regret it.

"I wont consider stepping down [from captaincy]. I still think I am the right person for the job. Today was a big mistake on my part and on the leadership group as well. I have to take control of the ship. This is something I am not proud of. It's something I hope I can learn from and come back from. I am embarrassed. It is a big error in judgement."

Piss poor from the Aussies and Smith in particular. Really not enjoying the way they seem to be going about it. Needs a shake up of sorts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss poor from the Aussies and Smith in particular. Really not enjoying the way they seem to be going about it. Needs a shake up of sorts
The whole cricket series from players, officials and fans has been a disgrace.

Just hand back the Ashes and sack Smith and all will be well.

seriously? it's not on free-to-air? That's FLICKED
Yeah the latest broadcast deal saw Foxtel hoard all matches (including BBL) and Seven show some of them. Only games on FTA this summer have been the tests and about 90% of the BBL, it's just not cricket.

Will be interesting later in the year - will channel 7 show the Ashes from ball one, or will they delay the live coverage until after most people have gone to bed?

Channel Nine has the rights to the 2019 Ashes, the 2019 World Cup and the 2020 Men's and Women's T20 World Cups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back