Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you win the toss, you think about it for half a second and then you bat.

2-1 up, having won by putting pressure on their mentally brittle batting line up, and you win the toss and choose to bowl.

Will go down as the stupidest decision of the series. Turned a convincing series win into a tie.

I reckon the target will be around 425.
All we need now is another Steve Smith double century for the win!

This series has been a bit of a joke in some ways. The bowlers for both teams have been pretty much of equal so they cancel each other out. So it’s basically Smith + Labuschagne vs England top 7 batters..

I reckon the target will be around 425.
All we need now is another Steve Smith double century for the win!

This series has been a bit of a joke in some ways. The bowlers for both teams have been pretty much of equal so they cancel each other out. So it’s basically Smith + Labuschagne vs England top 7 batters..
The bowlers haven't been equal. We've been a lot better.

And England's batting has mostly been terrible. Admittedly, our openers have been historically bad ...

The bowlers haven't been equal. We've been a lot better.

And England's batting has mostly been terrible. Admittedly, our openers have been historically bad ...
I personally think the bowlers on either team have been of high quality generally. I mean, the fact our batters (apart from Smith and Labuschagne) are getting bowled out cheaply are partly to do with the good bowling by the opposition, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, that was really a moot point. The series feels basically "Smith/Lamshade vs English top 7 Batters", that's really how I see it in a nutshell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

399 to win.
Basically need Smith to get 150, Labuschagne 60-70, Harris/Warner 70 between them, Wade 40, Paine 20, bowlers 40 between them.
Haha.

Need both Smith & Labushagne to score about 350 between them as the rest of the side is rubbish

What are the odds of our openers getting double figures for once?

399 to get

10 wickets in hand

5 and 1/2 sessions to go.

If the openers can put 100 on without a loss, we are in with a chance.

Might just be the most intriguing dead rubber we’ve had for awhile. In the past, most our series wins are true dominance. This on the other hand, we’ve relied heavily on Smith/Lampshade. Never before have we won a series where our openers look outright amateurs, and the batting order has constantly been changing in every Tests.

So keen to see who bats to stay and who bats to GTFO!

399 to get

10 wickets in hand

5 and 1/2 sessions to go.

If the openers can put 100 on without a loss, we are in with a chance.
2/29 with both openers failing yet again.

So glad KLanger felt the need to drop Head instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back