Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problems with the middle order again, not one of them getting into double figures :cool:
I was discussing with hubby why they’d included Agar... and I said “Is that because our batting always collapses and we need to bat deep?” Well they showed me, didn’t they!!!!!!!! 🤣

It's right there in his stats. An economy rate of 5.71 across his career. And a strike rate of 38. And you are sold on the fact that he has got the wicket of Kohli a few times. Which is on the back of Kohli seeing him as an easy taget and trying to get after him. Zampa is also rubbish in the field.
That’s not a poor economy these days, especially since a spinner bowls in the middle overs when the field is back and singles are easier. Can’t compare his strike rate against someone like Starc. A strike rate of 38 generally indicates one or 2 wickets every match, which is exactly what I want from my spinner.

In any case, he bowled well last night and got the wicket of Kohli, which apparently Zampa gets no credit for, so there’s no point discussing this with you further.

That’s not a poor economy these days, especially since a spinner bowls in the middle overs when the field is back and singles are easier. Can’t compare his strike rate against someone like Starc. A strike rate of 38 generally indicates one or 2 wickets every match, which is exactly what I want from my spinner.

In any case, he bowled well last night and got the wicket of Kohli, which apparently Zampa gets no credit for, so there’s no point discussing this with you further.
Good to know your satisfied with a s**t spinner in the side. You keep going back to him getting Kohli's wicket. Kohli had smoked it back at him and he managed to catch it. There was no set up, no deception, just a pie that he managed to hang on to. He's rubbish.

Drool

Good to know your satisfied with a s**t spinner in the side. You keep going back to him getting Kohli's wicket. Kohli had smoked it back at him and he managed to catch it. There was no set up, no deception, just a pie that he managed to hang on to. He's rubbish.
That was the 4th time he's got Virat out, the most of any Australian bowler

He's a limited bowler but he's our best white ball spinner.

Just need another 12 months before Lord Pope takes over hopefully

Drool

That was the 4th time he's got Virat out, the most of any Australian bowler

He's a limited bowler but he's our best white ball spinner.

Just need another 12 months before Lord Pope takes over hopefully

I saw the stat. The commentators spoke about it and also the fact that Kohli has targeted him to score from. If you take the wicket of someone who keeps trying to hit you out of the park that's hardly something to hang your hat on. The references made to him getting Kohli's wicket several times is being spoken about like he's Warne bowling to Cullinan.

I'll take anyone else at the moment. Be good to see Pope take the next step.

I saw the stat. The commentators spoke about it and also the fact that Kohli has targeted him to score from. If you take the wicket of someone who keeps trying to hit you out of the park that's hardly something to hang your hat on. The references made to him getting Kohli's wicket several times is being spoken about like he's Warne bowling to Cullinan.

I'll take anyone else at the moment. Be good to see Pope take the next step.
Kohli targets every spinner

Don't know about regeneration, that's a rag tag bunch of misfits looking side. They threw away game 2 in the One Dayers against the Windies. Would have been good to see them win that one.
They've lost a lot of talent that got them to test status (5 years later than it should have been).

They played a poor ODI that's true, but atleast they are getting to play.

I don't think they'll ever hit the highs of Australia, but they'll get to Sri Lanka type level you'd think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are they playing so many big bash games during the day on weekdays? Seems stupid.
Partly because of how many games are played in the tournament so they need a bunch of double headers played, and also to not clash with the Australian One Day Internationals being played in India. They should have played more double headers during the Christmas holiday period.

Partly because of how many games are played in the tournament so they need a bunch of double headers played, and also to not clash with the Australian One Day Internationals being played in India. They should have played more double headers during the Christmas holiday period.
Was today's game another fox-only game? Maybe fox is paying the league enough that they don't have to worry about fan engagement, just churn them out in junk timeslots.

Bullshit. Cummins is the only one who bowled well. Yep caught on the fence with one player jumping over the rope and throwing it to his mate. Great plan.

Zampa was our most economical bowler and highest wicket taker. Odd comment

Bullshit. Cummins is the only one who bowled well. Yep caught on the fence with one player jumping over the rope and throwing it to his mate. Great plan.
3/50 off 10, run rate 5.00

All other bowlers combined 3/290 off 40, run rate 7.25

You're making yourself look extremely silly.

Just accept that he's a solid yet unspectacular one day bowler who does a reasonable job at international level and we have no one remotely close to being better than him at present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back