Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paine has bowled Lyons for too long, he is trying to make a point to Kohli they should have played a recognise spinner but it looks like back firing. Seamers should be doing the damage on day 2 looking at the pitch and a spinner has bowled 10 overs out of 30 at the end suited for the quick as well......

Likewise, I don't care if he has bad body odor and is rude to his Nanna, as long as he scores runs ... and doesn't cheat.
I actually don’t get the total backlash Warner is getting. We’ve allowed hardened criminals back to society, we’ve allowed drug cheats to play again, we’ve seen past ball-tampering cheats by other teams/captains getting a hand slap and 1-2 week suspensions....
So why are people wanting Warner to be gone for good?

So why are people wanting Warner to be gone for good?
This strikes me as disingenuous of you, JW. See also my remarks re "spoiler", above.
In simplest terms, he's at the extreme end of "rotten apple". As such his influence within the team both on the ground and in the changerooms (where he concocted the sandpaper plan and bullied Bancroft into it) is negative. There was a nasty, mean-spirited edge to his sledging which he dished out in spades but could not take when it was reciprocated.
As for:
1) We’ve allowed hardened criminals back to society, we’ve allowed drug cheats to play again, 2) we’ve seen past ball-tampering cheats by other teams/captains getting a hand slap and 1-2 week suspensions....
1) The "hardened criminals" reference is unnecessary, hyperbole. Ball-tampering is not comparable to hard crime. Drug cheats have been given long bans, deservedly. Cronje was given a life ban and fair enough, too.
Btw, who are the "we" you're referring to? The ICC? Now there's a toothless lion :poo:.
2) This argument totally misses the point. The ICC has been pissweak (for years) when it comes to ball-tampering and shown up by the Australian Board's bans on Smith et al. Smith underestimated the Australian public backlash against their cheating.
Please tell me --- did you ever enjoy Warner's chest-beating when eg he made a run-out? ("See that? See what I did? FIGJAM.") <== compare that to Cummins' happy, understated celebration after his spectacular run-out in Adelaide.
Kohli's over-the-top celebrations which draw attention to himself, when one of his teammates does something good, is just as irritating and egomaniacal.
I'll say it again; Warner's a chip-on-his-shoulder thug, a bully, in serious need of sportsmanship lessons and possibly even anger management therapy. Super-talented batsman, though, which has made his poorest behaviours tolerated for years.
The ACB's stand on the sandpaper-cheating has finally said "That's it, no more".

Likewise, I don't care if he has bad body odor and is rude to his Nanna, as long as he scores runs ... and doesn't cheat.
Yeah, fair call. Give him an appropriate suspension for that, then welcome him back when it's done.

If we don't get early Wickets, my call do drop Head should be considered.

Even more embarrassing shot.

I say that in the knowledge that Marsh gets a duck in the 2nd he is playing next test. So there will be a scapegoat.

If the talent was there below, and we didn't have another problem or two in our batting lineup (Finch, Handscomb), I'd consider it. Right now though, it's more of a case of gritting teeth and hoping he figures s**t out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't get early Wickets, my call do drop Head should be considered.

Even more embarrassing shot.

I say that in the knowledge that Marsh gets a duck in the 2nd he is playing next test. So there will be a scapegoat.
Yeah nah.

Handscomb goes well before Head does. Hell Khawaja is barely hanging on at this rate.

To be fair Adelaide Oval is the best cricket ground in Australia and has been for some years now.

Probably something to do with the fact it doesn’t look like a concrete jungle.

I like the MCG but there isn’t anything special about it now - just two massive stands. Reckon a 50k crowd at Adelaide Oval makes more noise than a 50k crowd at the G.

Their new stadium, whilst nice, really doesn't have the same aura of our AO.
Its a stadium rather than a cricket ground. CA are probably charging through the nose too, to get a ticket to the footy it was more than here.

Probably something to do with the fact it doesn’t look like a concrete jungle.

I like the MCG but there isn’t anything special about it now - just two massive stands. Reckon a 50k crowd at Adelaide Oval makes more noise than a 50k crowd at the G.
More space for the sound to travel around.

Its a stadium rather than a cricket ground. CA are probably charging through the nose too, to get a ticket to the footy it was more than here.

It looks s**t on TV. Grey and ugly.

Finch, dead unlucky, FUGLY fingersplit, YOWCH! Oz momentum ruined ...
... and where's Shaun Marsh when Oz needs him the most? Back in the shed.
No surprise.
He left the ball before (similar) alone, then Ch.7 showed him practising a cross-bat pull shot as if to say "I should have smacked that for 4". Predictably, he chased the very next cod which bounced more across him. Bottom edge. On your bike.

Now Handscomb, PLUMB. NOT the man for the Test job.
Pujara and Kohli have showed those blokes how to bat, but no-one's paying attention :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back