Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not going to drop Stoinis or Handscomb after his Indian series. Finch is skipper but I'd get rid of him.
Maxwell is probably the favourite to be dropped, given that he didn't make many runs in India (though he did have one really good innings)... and the fact that the selectors hate him.

I did.. I'm happy with your squad. Drop Finch, Handscomb, Stoinis (my choice), or Maxwell, shuffle Khawaja accordingly.
That's like 4 options.

How about you name 1 option, given you are super critical of my team.

That's like 4 options.

How about you name 1 option, given you are super critical of my team.
Option A is simple.. Warner in, pick whoever you like to drop out.

OK.. you want me to pin it down? If I was a selector, Finch would be watching the World Cup from his home in Melbourne. What I expect the selectors to do is to drop Stoinis, shuffling Finch or Khawaja to make room for Warner.

Option A is simple.. Warner in, pick whoever you like to drop out.

OK.. you want me to pin it down? If I was a selector, Finch would be watching the World Cup from his home in Melbourne. What I expect the selectors to do is to drop Stoinis, shuffling Finch or Khawaja to make room for Warner.
If it was simple, you would actually put your balls on the line & name your 11, but you keep giving different options... because it's not as easy as you thought!

If it was simple, you would actually put your balls on the line & name your 11, but you keep giving different options... because it's not as easy as you thought!
What are you crapping on about? I just gave you exactly what you asked for.

If I were a selector, I'd be dropping Finch (he wouldn't even be on the plane to England).
What I expect the selectors to do is dropping Stoinis, replacing him with Warner and shuffling the batting order.

In both cases, the remaining selections remain the same as the team you named.

10 games for sure, but 15 probably not as he had good form before this Summer.
15 works too.

His last 16 scores have been 19, 0, 20, 100, 22, 5, 41, 11, 6, 6, 14, 0, 37, 93, 0, 27. That goes back to The Oval, 13th June 2018. Only 2x 50+ scores in his last 16 innings.

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not a matter of who goes out for Warner, it's a case of Warner & Smith being the first two batsmen picked, then the rest of the batsmen get picked around them.

Exactly. Smith is the first picked, Warner second and Cummins third.

It's not about who we drop for them. It's about who else we choose in addition to them.

1 Warner
2 Finch
3 Khawaja
4 Smith
5 Stoinis
6 Maxwell
7 Carey
8 Cummins
9 Richardson
10 Starc
11 Zampa

12 Handscombe
13 Turner
14 Coulter-Nile
15 Behrendorff

Handscombe is the obvious person to drop, considering he's been in and out of the Australian side. Personally, I REALLY like Khawaja as an opener, but I can't see them doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Smith is the first picked, Warner second and Cummins third.

It's not about who we drop for them. It's about who else we choose in addition to them.
Semantics. Someone is getting dropped no matter what order you do things in.

That would have been easy to do up until recently. The last 3 games have changed things a bit.

The unknown is what sort of form Smith & Warner will be in upon return. You can't carry one rusty player in your top six, let alone two.

I'm amazed they're not playing against Pakistan. Thought we'd have given them every opportunity to blow some cobwebs out. How bad were those elbow injuries they each sustained?

1 Warner
2 Finch
3 Khawaja
4 Smith
5 Stoinis
6 Maxwell
7 Carey
8 Cummins
9 Richardson
10 Starc
11 Zampa

12 Handscombe
13 Turner
14 Coulter-Nile
15 Behrendorff

Handscombe is the obvious person to drop, considering he's been in and out of the Australian side. Personally, I REALLY like Khawaja as an opener, but I can't see them doing it.
Khawaja is a rubbish #3!

What are you crapping on about? I just gave you exactly what you asked for.

If I were a selector, I'd be dropping Finch (he wouldn't even be on the plane to England).
What I expect the selectors to do is dropping Stoinis, replacing him with Warner and shuffling the batting order.

In both cases, the remaining selections remain the same as the team you named.
Lol, they are not dropping Finch, even though they should.

Which part of "What I expect the selectors to do" do you not understand?
You have not named an 11 that you think the selectors will pick for the 1st game & are deliberately being obtuse & vague... yet happy to be critical of those of us who put our balls in the line.

It's no coincidence you work in Canberra. ;)

Khawaja is a rubbish #3!

He has played that position multiple times for our country. I think the selectors will do that before they would drop Finch. I also think they're committed to no more than two accumulators, so Khawaja and Smith play before Handscombe.

They would do both of those things a thousand times before they would not name Warner.

You have not named an 11 that you think the selectors will pick for the 1st game & are deliberately being obtuse & vague... yet happy to be critical of those of us who put our balls in the line.

It's no coincidence you work in Canberra. ;)
FFS... How many times do I have to repeat myself? Same 11 as you, - Stoinis, +Warner.

Stop being so ****ing obtuse. I've answered your question at least 5 times already.

FFS... How many times do I have to repeat myself? Same 11 as you, - Stoinis, +Warner.

Stop being so ****ing obtuse. I've answered your question at least 5 times already.
You have not named an 11 in batting order...because you want to pick too many top order players, which won't fit.

3 openers can't play in the same 11... as it then completely unbalances the team.

He has played that position multiple times for our country. I think the selectors will do that before they would drop Finch. I also think they're committed to no more than two accumulators, so Khawaja and Smith play before Handscombe.

They would do both of those things a thousand times before they would not name Warner.
You obviously missed Drugs Are Bad Mackay? post on Khawaja's average opening v #3.

It's telling!

He either opens or he doesn't play.

It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back