Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
There's always a dead spot in the sporting calendar from the AFL grand final until the 1st test.

I'm amazed some (good) sport hasn't tried to fill the void, at least with some Friday night and Saturday night stuff. Heck even some domestic one dayers would be interesting if the Aussie players were around.
Get on the Adelaide United train

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We can’t have Warner in the thread title as there’s a good chance he might be dropped and not picked for this summer series! (Assuming the selectors finally decide to look at his recent Ashes batting average)

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
... attempts two mankads ...
Odd attempts, too, from 2 paces or so after her delivery stride :drunk: .
Both times, she had to run back to 'remove' the bails, which she didn't anyway. I reckon it was some kind of weird warning to Healy not to back up so far and she could just as well have warned her (directly, or via the Umpire, or her Captain).

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
How about that 148* from Healy (SR 243 o_O), who beat Sri Lanka herself by 54 runs?? :D
Great to watch. Her timing of the tonk is excellent.

Last edited:

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Odd attempts, too, from 2 paces or so after her delivery stride :drunk: .
Both times, she had to run back to 'remove' the bails, which she didn't anyway. I reckon it was some kind of weird warning to Healy not to back up so far and she could just as well have warned her (directly, or via the Umpire, or her Captain).

In the end the umpire had to go up to her and ask what she was doing.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
If this isn't the right thread for this mods can move it to the appropriate thread, just thought it interesting.

A dinner with Don Pyke armed Justin Langer with the masterstoke move that saved the Ashes
Justin Langer has revealed how dinner advice at mentor Don Pyke’s sea-side home stopped Australia’s Ashes defence ‘tearing apart’ in a defining moment as national coach.
Raging favourite Adelaide lost the 2017 AFL grand final to Richmond at the MCG, didn’t reconcile the result and missed finals in successive seasons. Langer used a prescient lesson former Crows coach Pyke imparted to tackle mental scarring following defeat to England in the ‘unlosable’ third Test at Leeds.
“The Pykey one, I was sitting in his house at Glenelg two years ago when he was telling the story and you pick up lessons and they stick in the back of your mind,” Langer told The Advertiser.
“That was half the idea of Ben Stokes’ innings, what we did next. That meeting we had the next morning was so confronting because it was so raw and painful when it happened,” recalled Langer.
Skipper Paine botched decision reviews and spinner Nathan Lyon a run-out as Australia melted under pressure at Headingley. Disquiet in the Australian camp minutes into reviewing Stokes’ match-winning knock was tackled head on by Langer in a critical juncture for team and coach.
“It was interesting because after about four balls of watching that innings one of the boys arked up,” revealed Langer.
“I said ‘if anyone is going to get offended by this they may as well leave the room now. This is about how we can get better as a group, team, what we could have done differently and what we could do differently if it happens again in the future’.
“It was confronting for Painey, the bowlers, confronting for the whole team. They had just lost what you could say was an unloseable Test match.
“The lesson I learnt from Pykey was after the event, address it straight away. Don’t let it fester because otherwise you don’t deal with it and you get under pressure again and that’s what we had to do.”

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Wasn’t well advertised given we are playing all our stars too. s**t time slot as well.

fail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back