Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have learned from this thread is that Zampa is a terrible, bog average bowler who only gets wickets because the batsmen hit them to fielders who just happen to be there. It's Zampa's fault (because he is a bad bowler) that they hit him so far, but not the batsman's fault that they hit it to a fielder in the deep, and absolutely nothing to do with Zampa's ability to the bowl the ball, set a field, or bowl to that field.

Furthermore, he has only taken so many wickets in India because he's played there so often, and he's only taken more wickets than higher acclaimed bowlers because of fortune and circumstance and the batters hitting it to fielders (see above).
So he's also the luckiest bowler going around

So he's also the luckiest bowler going around

Not gonna lie, as an offy I've always managed to get most of my wickets caught too.
Mainly because if I put it on a length their eyes light up for the big hit.

I'm not sure if that makes me a terrible bowler like Zampa or a canny spinner like Zampa.

What I have learned from this thread is that Zampa is a terrible, bog average bowler who only gets wickets because the batsmen hit them to fielders who just happen to be there. It's Zampa's fault (because he is a bad bowler) that they hit him so far, but not the batsman's fault that they hit it to a fielder in the deep, and absolutely nothing to do with Zampa's ability to the bowl the ball, set a field, or bowl to that field.
Furthermore, he has only taken so many wickets in India because he's played there so often, and he's only taken more wickets than higher acclaimed bowlers because of fortune and circumstance and the batters hitting it to fielders (see above).
Well summarised :thumbsu: ; hell-funny as well :D:D.

All our top order contributed, Salt very good again, really set the innings up. I think we got lucky with the bat flip to put a sizeable total up. Agar was the match-winner for mine, getting the wicket of Livingstone was the difference since they only fell 16 runs short. Livingstone stays in & it's a different result. Rashid's lacking impact lately, for his standards - hopefully things turn around soon for him.

Last edited:
All our top order contributed, Salt very good again, really set the innings up. I think we got lucky with the bat flip to put a sizeable total up. Agar was the match-winner for mine, getting the wicket of Livingstone was the difference since they only fell 16 runs short. Livingstone stays in & it's a different result. Rashid's lacking impact lately, for his standards - hopefully things turn around soon for him.
Blokes aren't trying to hit him out of the park like others spinners. He still bowls bad balls, just now batters are being more patient

Maybe - I think Livingstone also scored about 15 runs more than you'd ever assume he'd get. We're showing that you can rely on our bowling to defend targets, which is a great sign.

Nah, he had some good overs last night, some dot balls & tighter bowling, but before that (versus Heat, Stars, Hurricanes) his figures haven't been good, batsmen are taking him on.
They're playing him later, rather than going full bore on the front foot.

He will need some more tricks as he goes on in his career.

The Stokes one is difficult

I err on the side of doing all you can to hold back on reacting to the crowd reactions. You know they are there and still you let them get to you

Let off steam in the change rooms - yet by the same token , as a crowd member , you cant use vitriol to abuse a player

The Stokes one is difficult

I err on the side of doing all you can to hold back on reacting to the crowd reactions. You know they are there and still you let them get to you

Let off steam in the change rooms - yet by the same token , as a crowd member , you cant use vitriol to abuse a player

Also it’s the Wanderers, where crowds are notoriously feral.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a standard Adelaide-based team performance when a lot is up for grabs.
Stars are there for the taking, but unless we have a record scoring chase, we have handed a great opportunity to the 6ers.

Not often all our bowlers, bar Siddle, get smacked around the park.

Still thought we batted OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back