Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Boland, what a difference he made.
100%. Boland and Isa is so much better than Lia and Isa. Such a good player on the ball, a few missed passes but all the missed passes were attacking passes. Only going to get better with games under his belt.

100%. Boland and Isa is so much better than Lia and Isa. Such a good player on the ball, a few missed passes but all the missed passes were attacking passes. Only going to get better with games under his belt.
I misread that for a second !!!

Boland does everything Lia does but is proactive too

3 people sitting in front of us at the southern end got up and never came back after Brisbane’s 3rd goal. They were pretty sloshed and abusive so I wasn’t upset when they didn’t return.

Guilty myself. Watched it on TV and flicked the channel to watch the girls. Flicked it back on when we scored and watched it to the end. The AFLW does not take my fancy but I kept an eye on the score. Soccer is a higher scoring game than AFLW.

last night was epic I went from dropping F bombs at the ref, to groaning and smh to elation, screaming and cheeering and droping even more F bombs

It was Crazy, the Crowd was amazing
& you obviously stayed to the end unlike some. ;)

& you obviously stayed to the end unlike some. ;)
oh yeah, dont get me wrong I was mega pissed when we went down 3-0 but I knew Brisbane arent all that good so when Isasis scored I thought we could get the draw even with 10 v 11 we dominated them for most of the 1st half they had a good 15 minute patch and were s**t most of the game.
wish I ran in to McKay in the car park.... such a tosser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk Brisbane looking at him.

I reckon he thought he could get in the backdoor at AU.
I doubt it.

He wasnt going to come back but we talked him into it.

I have the feeling, and its not totally without foundation, that the new owners want a clean slate with a coach of their choosing.

They may choose Kurz but I wouldn't be so sure.

I have the feeling, and its not totally without foundation, that the new owners want a clean slate with a coach of their choosing.

That would be disappointing.

He has the highest winning percentage of any AU coach, made last years finals, runners up in last years cup and this years Cup winner. Saying that we have had some poor coaches.

Well they would be idiots.

Sitting fourth without a striker all year is a bloody good achievement.
Would they ?? We play counter attack football at home with 2, sometimes 3 defensive midfielders.

Our home form is pretty ordinary and weve got the most expensive squad in club history at his disposal. Hes clearly a motivational type manager and those guys have their use by dates.

That said, I like the passion he brings and whilst he is motivating the guys then he should stay. Hes got his faults like any manager though, and I would disagree hes our best manager ever.

Depends how we finish the season I think
I agree, but it might be too late by then.

We don't have a Toivenen or a Honda, nor a La Fondre or Keogh. If the new bloke can come in and hit the back of the net, and George continues to improve then who knows.

Would they ?? We play counter attack football at home with 2, sometimes 3 defensive midfielders.

Our home form is pretty ordinary and weve got the most expensive squad in club history at his disposal. Hes clearly a motivational type manager and those guys have their use by dates.

That said, I like the passion he brings and whilst he is motivating the guys then he should stay. Hes got his faults like any manager though, and I would disagree hes our best manager ever.
You’ve just answered it with your response to Faith, we don’t have the big guns or a striker.

We are fourth without a striker and can’t finish, had we a decent striker like the ones you listed we would be higher and then you’re not moving on your coach.

Is he responsible for recruiting? This most expensive list ever include Hallaran right? Isn’t he our marquee player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back