Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve just answered it with your response to Faith, we don’t have the big guns or a striker.

We are fourth without a striker and can’t finish, had we a decent striker like the ones you listed we would be higher and then you’re not moving on your coach.

Is he responsible for recruiting? This most expensive list ever include Hallaran right? Isn’t he our marquee player?
No it's worse as Baba is our highest paid player.

You’ve just answered it with your response to Faith, we don’t have the big guns or a striker.

We are fourth without a striker and can’t finish, had we a decent striker like the ones you listed we would be higher and then you’re not moving on your coach.

Is he responsible for recruiting? This most expensive list ever include Hallaran right? Isn’t he our marquee player?
I've told you twice already, we dont have a marquee player. The same Halloran who still sits 3rd in the POTY voting ?? Yeah I'll back their opinion over yours.

He is responsible for recruiting in part yes, he was the one who wanted to keep Baba Diawara. Also, our injury list this year is largely down to the double sessions he still gets the players to endure. I wouldnt say we don't have any big guns either. We have the one of the best CBs, the best defensive mid and arguably the best player in the league.

We sit 4th but are miles away from the top 3, that's where the winners come from.

Why replace someone who is coaching well?

The odds are we would replace him with someone worse.
What I'm saying is, is he coaching well or is it the talent ??

Mind you, we won the double with Carrusca and Eugene doing most of the coaching

I've told you twice already, we dont have a marquee player. The same Halloran who still sits 3rd in the POTY voting ?? Yeah I'll back their opinion over yours.

He is responsible for recruiting in part yes, he was the one who wanted to keep Baba Diawara. Also, our injury list this year is largely down to the double sessions he still gets the players to endure. I wouldnt say we don't have any big guns either. We have the one of the best CBs, the best defensive mid and arguably the best player in the league.

We sit 4th but are miles away from the top 3, that's where the winners come from.
I don’t recall you telling me we don’t have a marque player.

Where can I find the POTY voting and who votes?

Do we or do we not have a decent striker?

We are sitting 4th because we don’t have one, that’s clear, so how exactly hasn’t he done a good job this year? It’s like saying you’ve got the best midfield and defence but no forward line in footy and blaming the coach because you can’t score.

I was under the strong impression that Kurz wanted Baba gone & has wanted a replacement striker for some time?

The Victory & Sydney squads for be spending much more than ours. Same with City.

We are sitting 4th because we don’t have one, that’s clear, so how exactly hasn’t he done a good job this year? It’s like saying you’ve got the best midfield and defence but no forward line in footy and blaming the coach because you can’t score.
Geelong won 2 of their 3 flags without a gun forward.

We have a good forward, hes the forever injured player the coach fought the owners and Viddie to keep.... they wanted to get rid of him. We are NOT sitting 4th because we dont have a striker, we are sitting 4th because we have the 4th best squad, possibly 3rd best.

Val votes, Rob Greenwood and Amelia Mulcahey, who ill admit just echoes the other 2.

Yes, we have lost plenty of points because we have lacked someone of quality to finish off the good work of others. If our new import is decent we become a far more dangerous team who can take it up to the best.

I was under the strong impression that Kurz wanted Baba gone & has wanted a replacement striker for some time?

The Victory & Sydney squads for be spending much more than ours. Same with City.
Incorrect.

He wanted to keep him until late December when it became clear Ileo isnt the player Kurz thought he was and we had to play Mileusnic, Kitto and Halloran up top..... none of whom are strikers.

Also, every club has the same salary cap they can spend. LaFondre and Honda are outside of that... as is Ritchie DeLaet. The rest are all on similar money to our players. Toivenen, Castro, Ikonomidis are all paid inside the cap, as is Keogh.

Geelong won 2 of their 3 flags without a gun forward.

We have a good forward, hes the forever injured player the coach fought the owners and Viddie to keep.... they wanted to get rid of him. We are NOT sitting 4th because we dont have a striker, we are sitting 4th because we have the 4th best squad, possibly 3rd best.

Val votes, Rob Greenwood and Amelia Mulcahey, who ill admit just echoes the other 2.
A striker versus a gun forward are too completely different things. You can have a forward line evenly spread that’s effective and still win. In soccer it’s basically your striker and you then might get some goals elsewhere.

So with more scoring power there’s no chance we could be higher? Or with a different coach we could be lower without a striker.

Where can I find the voting? Would be interesting to see given the players who have missed games, how well his 3rd stacks up.

Yes, we have lost plenty of points because we have lacked someone of quality to finish off the good work of others. If our new import is decent we become a far more dangerous team who can take it up to the best.
We lost points because we gift goals. Even Saturday night, of Brisbanes 3 goals 2 were very preventable.

A striker versus a gun forward are too completely different things. You can have a forward line evenly spread that’s effective and still win. In soccer it’s basically your striker and you then might get some goals elsewhere.

So with more scoring power there’s no chance we could be higher? Or with a different coach we could be lower without a striker.

Where can I find the voting? Would be interesting to see given the players who have missed games, how well his 3rd stacks up.
It really isnt though is it ?? Bruce Djite was our leading scorer but we had an even spread. This year weve scored the 4th most goals with no one in double figures.

We play a defensive game, we shouldn't concede the amount of simple goals we do. When you consider we have 2 of the most expensive CBs in the league it's actually embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost points because we gift goals. Even Saturday night, of Brisbanes 3 goals 2 were very preventable.
No doubt we have at times, but you must admit we have had many games where we haven't finished off many good chances with poor finishing. It's hardly ideal to be playing a winger out of position most of the year as our main forward & he has only scored in 1 game.

So we haven’t lost points because we can’t score as well as the 3 teams ahead of us? You can’t be serious.

If our scoring isn’t an issue, why have we gone out and got a striker?

We’ve had Hallaran playing upfront who can’t finish, imagine his opportunities going to someone who could?

No doubt we have at times, but you must admit we have had many games where we haven't finished off many good chances with poor finishing. It's hardly ideal to be playing a winger out of position most of the year as our main forward & he has only scored in 1 game.
The finishing is crucial, but these guys are highly paid professionals. Halloran could do better, Kitto is woeful, Elsey misses absolute sitters that in past years he would have buried.

Even Ilso, albeit in a lower standard, was absolutely clinical. Where has this gone ??

So we haven’t lost points because we can’t score as well as the 3 teams ahead of us? You can’t be serious.

If our scoring isn’t an issue, why have we gone out and got a striker?

We’ve had Hallaran playing upfront who can’t finish, imagine his opportunities going to someone who could?
We can't stop goals as good as them either. We currently dont even have a 3rd central defender.

Again I'm not saying Kurz is a terrible coach, but people here think hes Jurgen ****ing Klopp

So where can I find this POTY voting?
Find the match reviews on the AdelaideNow site.

They're usually subscriber only articles. I'm enjoying the fact you dont actually believe me.

We can't stop goals as good as them either. We currently dont even have a 3rd central defender.

Again I'm not saying Kurz is a terrible coach, but people here think hes Jurgen ****ing Klopp
No we are not.

We believe he’s a good coach that has the team fourth without a striker, the team obviously plays for him so why would change things up and get rid of him? Makes no sense.

Find the match reviews on the AdelaideNow site.

They're usually subscriber only articles. I'm enjoying the fact you dont actually believe me.
I’m not saying I don’t believe you. I’d like to see the votes and compare games played etc. We’ve had a lot of players miss games.

As I said I watch the games on Fox and they are forever commenting on his play and not in a good way.

The finishing is crucial, but these guys are highly paid professionals. Halloran could do better, Kitto is woeful, Elsey misses absolute sitters that in past years he would have buried.

Even Ilso, albeit in a lower standard, was absolutely clinical. Where has this gone ??
Highly paid professionals, Hallaran could do better? That’s a soft assessment isn’t it? How many goals has he scored?

Highly paid professionals, Hallaran could do better? That’s a soft assessment isn’t it? How many goals has he scored?
Halloran.......

2 playing out of position as a striker. Of course he could do better, but he isnt the only one isnt he ??

Would you be annoyed at Paul Seedsman if he was no good at kicking goals as a full forward? Would that make him unprofessional?

Yes, we could do better... if we had actual striker rather than makeshift one. Halloran will be happier playing in his preferred role.

Halloran.......

2 playing out of position as a striker. Of course he could do better, but he isnt the only one isnt he ??
Your assessment on his finishing was soft, “could do better” and then proceeded to nail other players.

Hallorans finishing has been s**t, don’t sugarcoat it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back