Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
fair enough too.
he's done a great job, nut the owners have been tight arses.
The new owners are concentrating on rebuilding connections with fans and the youth side of things which is great.

To be fair they signed Jakobsen and 2 fringe socceroos, but I suspect January will see a bit of a splash

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
The new owners are concentrating on rebuilding connections with fans and the youth side of things which is great.

To be fair they signed Jakobsen and 2 fringe socceroos, but I suspect January will see a bit of a splash

kinda annoying melbourne and sydney have 2-3 great attackers every year yet we havet had one for about a decade

I've been here for 2 years without a striker, how can I do my job properly
Good on him for saying what we are all thinking... as frustrating to play well then lack someone to finish off the good work.

If we can bring in a quality striker, we can have a real crack at winning.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Matilda's drew Italy, Brazil and Jamaica in their group at the world cup.

We really do have the team to make at least the semis, If we can actually win it, it may very well change football in Australia forever.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Good draw, the only thing that will see them fail to reach that is themselves.

Talk of a rift between the girls and Kerr.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Good draw, the only thing that will see them fail to reach that is themselves.

Talk of a rift between the girls and Kerr.
the rift isnt between Kerr its between Kennedy and Simon that's what happens when your girlfriend plays in the national team with you, you break up and then watch as another team member moves in on your ex...

for what its worth Kerr didn't want all this extra marque money she wanted it shared by all Matilda squad members.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
toughest position in the game, to be a top quality striker you need pace,techniques,smarts etc.
we dont produce players like this because frankly we dont have the coaching setup to teach them

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
toughest position in the game, to be a top quality striker you need pace,techniques,smarts etc.
we dont produce players like this because frankly we dont have the coaching setup to teach them
you also need arrogance and to be selfish which Australian coaches dont like and try to teach out of kids becuase they want everyone to be included.

you also need arrogance and to be selfish which Australian coaches dont like and try to teach out of kids becuase they want everyone to be included.
Lack of arrogance (of the good-natured variety) has become an issue in Australian athletes because the media want them to emotionless robots. Can't have a personality anymore it seems, just look at the cricket team. They're not world beaters anymore but at least they're nice guys now! Same with AFL footballers, all interviews are the same cliches over and over again.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So someone involved in Soccer why is it hard for Australia to develop strikers?

(Genuine question, heard it asked on a sports show but didn't get to hear the answer)
It's a problem in Asian football and has been for quite a while.

Also, kids aren't being taught to be a goal poacher. I'm all for technique but there comes a point when you need to focus on effectiveness rather than technique

Back