hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I’m not saying I don’t believe you. I’d like to see the votes and compare games played etc. We’ve had a lot of players miss games.

As I said I watch the games on Fox and they are forever commenting on his play and not in a good way.
It would be no surprise that Goodwin and Isa are now 1 and 2. Theyve been our best players but theyve also played every week.

My question is why was Ben even playing as a striker ?? Hes an out and out winger. It would be like playing Goody as a striker. The game against Sydney he played as a 10 he was terrible.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Your assessment on his finishing was soft, “could do better” and then proceeded to nail other players.

Hallorans finishing has been s**t, don’t sugarcoat it.
I nailed Elsey and Kitto because they often find themselves in front of an open net and miss. Mileunsic was similar last season but to his credit hes largely fixed that.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Would you be annoyed at Paul Seedsman if he was no good at kicking goals as a full forward? Would that make him unprofessional?

Yes, we could do better... if we had actual striker rather than makeshift one. Halloran will be happier playing in his preferred role.
First of all I'd be annoyed at the coach for playing him there.... and weve seen Seeds miss sitters.

I'll give you guys a chance here. Let's say Thomassen goes alright, which I think he will, where do you have us finishing ??

First of all I'd be annoyed at the coach for playing him there.... and weve seen Seeds miss sitters.

I'll give you guys a chance here. Let's say Thomassen goes alright, which I think he will, where do you have us finishing ??
We have shown we can beat the best on the night, so with a decent striker we are always a chance...

I nailed Elsey and Kitto because they often find themselves in front of an open net and miss. Mileunsic was similar last season but to his credit hes largely fixed that.
Elsey has had a disappointing season both defensively & missed opportunities from set pieces.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Halloran has had the second most shots on goals by a fair margin and has scored twice, both from the one game. He sits equal 4th on the goal kicking.

A quality player should have scored more than twice with his shots on goal and have scored in more than one game, that’s bloody damming.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It would be no surprise that Goodwin and Isa are now 1 and 2. Theyve been our best players but theyve also played every week.

My question is why was Ben even playing as a striker ?? Hes an out and out winger. It would be like playing Goody as a striker. The game against Sydney he played as a 10 he was terrible.
Because we don’t have a striker!

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Because we don’t have a striker!
We do actually, Ilso was brought as one. Now one might say he isnt good enough and youd probably be right.

Personally even with a good striker we still finish 2nd at best. We havent made ground on the top 2 with both of their best players missing through injury and Asian Cup.

If we get Thomassen and George firing we are still defensively suspect. That's odd considering how good Galloway, Strain and Jakobsen have been for the most part.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Enormous game tonight.

Win and we finish top 4, lose and we play them in the first week of the finals. Looks like Marco has got the memo and weve gone out and attacked.

I'm concerned by JMac, his Socceroo form may be awful but he has dominated at A League level before.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Enormous game tonight.

Win and we finish top 4, lose and we play them in the first week of the finals. Looks like Marco has got the memo and weve gone out and attacked.

I'm concerned by JMac, his Socceroo form may be awful but he has dominated at A League level before.
Looks like Marco has got a striker

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are the A League having a pre season game, mid season tonight?

Bugger all people are at the ground. Looks like more people were at the AFLW game at Victoria Park.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
If they were located anywhere bar Melbourne or Sydney, their would be talks of them closing the doors or having them merge with someone.

Without Melbourne, I doubt they have The investors they actually do have.
When they were the Heart they had better crowds

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your record is as broken as Marty's
I could say the same about you.

You had another crack at Marco and yet didn’t consider that maybe because he has a striker he could be more attacking.

I merely added balance to your post.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I could say the same about you.

You had another crack at Marco and yet didn’t consider that maybe because he has a striker he could be more attacking.

I merely added balance to your post.
When we had strikers he still played 1 up front.

I like that hes made the change though

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Kurz needs to shut up sometimes

Back