hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
3 goals conceded by diabolical defending and as has been mentioned on the Football board, we need to give our skipper some rest.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
really poor defending, we need a centre back more than we need a striker.

Izzo pisses me off alot of times he assumes a flag will go up or a foul will be given and just stands with his arms out. Also we must conceed more than any other club when it comes to set pieces.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
really poor defending, we need a centre back more than we need a striker.

Izzo pisses me off alot of times he assumes a flag will go up or a foul will be given and just stands with his arms out. Also we must conceed more than any other club when it comes to set pieces.
We are a very static defence.

It's strange because as individuals, Galloway, Jakobsen and Elsey are all very good.

We dont defend as a unit well

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also, unlike Jack I liked some things I saw from Jordy. Big, strong and laid the ball off nicely to his teammates. Had a poor touch at times but thatll improve with game time.

I really want to believe but Jordy is failing to knock my socks off. Please make me eat my words.

We were starting to look like a well oiled machine but the loss of Mileusnic, Halloran/adding Jordy has made us look like we are starting the pre-season, very clunky.

Boland is all class, hopefully AussieIz will get back to top form and we can control the midfield.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yeah I didnt like his game too much, but it frees up George who played a very good game.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Wanderers fans throwing chairs in the city despite having won the game. All class as usual and a reminder why I hate them as much as the Victory.

They know they can get away with it though because the FFA don't have the guts to dock 3 points from the team for it - even when there is a suspended 3 point suspension on the side.

To add insult to injury they get a shiny new stadium to trash too next season. Gotta feel for the Parramatta Eels having to share a stadium with those pigs.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
They know they can get away with it though because the FFA don't have the guts to dock 3 points from the team for it - even when there is a suspended 3 point suspension on the side.

To add insult to injury they get a shiny new stadium to trash too next season. Gotta feel for the Parramatta Eels having to share a stadium with those pigs.
There isnt many eels fans to share it with !!!!

After what they did to our Oval they should have been docked not just 3 points.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
There isnt many eels fans to share it with !!!!

After what they did to our Oval they should have been docked not just 3 points.

That's true - on both counts. I guess they could section off the trashed sections of the stadium and still fit most NRL fans into the ground :D

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We need to win the game first.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
If we're comparing him to Bruce, hes still got 24 weeks before he has to score.

You can see he's got the smarts, and he runs to the right spots, but currently his touch is about as good as mine.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we're comparing him to Bruce, hes still got 24 weeks before he has to score.

You can see he's got the smarts, and he runs to the right spots, but currently his touch is about as good as mine.
There’s no speed or mobility either, doesn’t appear a striker the opposition are going to have to worry about too much.

Given how late he was signed, dare say this was management keeping the masses quiet by saying they signed a striker.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Management wanted Fornaroli. Speed and mobility didn't bother Bruce either just quietly.

It always takes time for Europeans to adjust to our Summer...... but hes running out of time

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Management wanted Fornaroli. Speed and mobility didn't bother Bruce either just quietly.

It always takes time for Europeans to adjust to our Summer...... but hes running out of time
Why didn’t we get him?

You’ve named one big striker and Bruce was ok, he wasn’t a gun striker.

Speed and mobility in most sports are a major advantage.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Why didn’t we get him?

You’ve named one big striker and Bruce was ok, he wasn’t a gun striker.

Speed and mobility in most sports are a major advantage.
Cant answer why we didn't, but I would say Perths currently position, squad and coach would have played a large part. We APPARENTLY offered him over 1mil, which is huge. I have no faith in Kovacevic though, and that's why we dont have a backup CB.... not because we didn't want to, but because Ante is a bit out of his depth. He will be out the door in the off season I would say

I know Bruce wasn't a gun, that's kinda my point. You dont need a superstar striker to win the title at this level. The style Marco employs, and that's not just here but in Germany isnt conducive to winning titles. That's just the way he coaches.

With Bruno going to Perth I wonder if Keogh is on the market ?? If he is we could do a great deal worse.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
How the glory be do Perth, victory, Sydney afford all these guns, and we cant afford one quality striker.

Something stinks...
They max out their marquee signings, we currently dont have one. Also the newbie Sydney signing is pretty much only being paid to play in the ACL..... pretty clever by Sydney.

Sage does a lot for every Perth player too, bit like Frank Costa and Geelong.

Bianco used to do it for AUFC players in the early days.

IMO the new owners want a new coach, and/or new off field staff. They dont have the pockets of the big clubs but they want the right people in the right places. I dont know whether Kurz is the right man for the job but if he is they need to give him better staff.

Back