30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
No one comes close to lfc atm.
Ok.......

They were 8 points clear last year too, and they lost the unlosable when Gerrard forgot he had legs.

In the EPL absolutely anything can happen. City have some big defensive holes currently, but we know they can buy their way out of trouble to an extent. If they can hold steady til January they're still every chance.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I do not understand why people who do not live, or are not from, England, care so much about the EPL
By that reasoning we shouldn't like the NBA, NFL, MLB or any overseas sport.

Sport exists outside of this country.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Ok.......

They were 8 points clear last year too, and they lost the unlosable when Gerrard forgot he had legs.

In the EPL absolutely anything can happen. City have some big defensive holes currently, but we know they can buy their way out of trouble to an extent. If they can hold steady til January they're still every chance.

8 points clear but citeh had a game in hand

Difference this year is we are better than them, we weren't last year.

Youre so pessimistic

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
8 points clear but citeh had a game in hand

Difference this year is we are better than them, we weren't last year.

Youre so pessimistic
I, like most on this board just think the opposite you do. Serves us well usually.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
By that reasoning we shouldn't like the NBA, NFL, MLB or any overseas sport.

Sport exists outside of this country.

I have similar feelings about those leagues too, but they don't have the popularity of EPL

I just have no attachment to any overseas sporting team - I can watch the sport but I never really care about the results of them

MrBarry

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
I have similar feelings about those leagues too, but they don't have the popularity of EPL

I just have no attachment to any overseas sporting team - I can watch the sport but I never really care about the results of them

With use of the internet and mainstream media, you don't have to be in a specific location to become emotionally invested in a team. Lots of people travel as well, so they are exposed to a much broader array of sports, teams and cultures - than those in Adelaide.

The reason the EPL is also very popular in Australia, is that it does invokes the same tribalism that comes with the AFL. Saturday afternoon football etc - there are a lot of similarities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
I support a few teams, But Adelaide United and Hudderfield Town are my Ride or Die
Im a Fan of Liverpool, Dortmund, PSG, Feyenoord and only recently starting following the MLS and ive enjoyed watching Philadelphia Union. I don't follow La Liga much

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I think last nights crowd suffered from being a Tuesday night. 7.30pm was too late for kick off.

Good news about the world cup but it was kind of a nothing announcement. Bassically if we are successful in hosting we will upgrade Hindmarsh for the tournament. We really need some upgrades regardless.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Agreed.

I love Hindmarsh but aside from new seats and a bigger screen it's largely been untouched for 20 years.

The issue with a full upgrade is the surrounding businesses and the church are opposed to it.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Agreed.

I love Hindmarsh but aside from new seats and a bigger screen it's largely been untouched for 20 years.

The issue with a full upgrade is the surrounding businesses and the church are opposed to it.

From a spectators point of view they have to find a way for more shade in Summer.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Never won there before, though we weren't the best in the 2nd half.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Another week, another AU win. Starting to fire on all cylinders..... even Mileusnic and Halloran are hitting crosses and scoring semi regularly.

Need another central defender.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Another week, another AU win. Starting to fire on all cylinders..... even Mileusnic and Halloran are hitting crosses and scoring semi regularly.

Need another central defender.
The only problem is we played beautiful football but only for 20 minutes, we need to be able to do it for longer periods.

Some wonderful goals and really should of scored the penalty.... why didn't Mcgree take it?

The only problem is we played beautiful football but only for 20 minutes, we need to be able to do it for longer periods.

Some wonderful goals and really should of scored the penalty.... why didn't Mcgree take it?
I gather we are trying to build up Ospeth's confidence.

At least we appear to have more scoring power this year, with speed on both sides & crisp ball movement. We look better with Maria in defence to launch attacks.

Just need to sure up our central defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back