Dean Ambrose (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

WWE Universal Championship
Finn Bálor vs Seth Rollins

WWE Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) vs Apollo Crews

WWE United States Championship

Rusev (c) vs Roman Reigns

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day's Kofi Kingston (c) and Xavier Woods (c) vs Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows

WWE Women's Championship Dana Brooke is barred from ringside
Sasha Banks (c) vs Charlotte

AJ Styles vs John Cena

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton

Big Cass and Enzo Amore vs Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens

Alexa Bliss and Natalya vs Becky Lynch, Carmella and Naomi

KICKOFF MATCHES 8AM AEST

First match in Best of Seven series
Cesaro vs Sheamus

The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley) vs Neville and Sami Zayn

Chad Gable, Jason Jordan, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder vs Aiden English, Fandango, Konnor, Simon Gotch, Tyler Breeze and Viktor

Last edited:

They announced it early, without storyline, to try and piggyback back off this weekend's UFC 200. Nobody outside wrestling gives a s**t about Randy Orton.

I just don't get excited for Orton vs Lesnar.

Hope they just not banking on there Names to get people to watch the Match

Same. I mean it could be ok. They are good enough under the right circumstances but the facts are Brock hasn't been involved since WMania and Orton has been out injured a very long time also. Doesn't bode well. Seems to be a match for the sake of a match and something for them to do at what's supposed to be a big traditional PPV.

Should be a number one contenders match or something.

Although i don't like the idea of having a summerslam match feeding for other PPV's

Draft them both to SD and make it for the World heavyweight championship, with a new belt.

BTW no way Lesnar loses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see what happens on the Smackdown side of things.

If they continue with Cena vs Styles then who does Ambrose face? Wyatt would be the only other possible contender, unless of course Mojo turns heel. ;)

Balor vs Rollins be a Very Good Match but you can be Sure Rollins will win the Title with Shenigans and I bet Reigns helping him or costing balor the Title turning him Heel

Will be interesting to see what happens on the Smackdown side of things.

If they continue with Cena vs Styles then who does Ambrose face? Wyatt would be the only other possible contender, unless of course Mojo turns heel. ;)

Triple threat with Ambrose, Styles and Cena

Plus it allows to build on what Raw started, less matches, more time, more quality

That's the interesting thing I don't see them elevating bray out of nowhere and they should keep going with cena and styles.. Maybe they go with a triple threat or del rio steps up maybe

Kinda hope it isn't Wyatt. The brand split is his chance to finally become a real player and I'm assuming they'll want to run with Ambrose for a while after him bringing the title to Smackdown. No point having Wyatt lose his first program on Smackdown.

Del Rio or Kane are probably the most credible threats who can afford the loss.

Ambrose vs Ziggler, seen a lot of people shitting on the choice already due to how poorly Dolph's been booked since Wrestlemania but I kinda feel like people are missing the point of WWE talking up the 'New Era' and the brand split intending to be a hitting of the reset button of sorts. It doesn't really matter how poorly he was booked before, it's effectively a clean slate post brand split. Regardless, they should put on a great match and since as of now it's face vs face I expect Dolph will likely turn heel at some point which makes things interesting too.

Kinda hope it isn't Wyatt. The brand split is his chance to finally become a real player and I'm assuming they'll want to run with Ambrose for a while after him bringing the title to Smackdown. No point having Wyatt lose his first program on Smackdown.

Del Rio or Kane are probably the most credible threats who can afford the loss.
This.
Ambrose should retain in this match up vs Ziggler and hold the title a bit longer and then Dean can be haunted by ghosts of his past in a feud with Bray (Bray won their feud last time) and Bray SHOULD go on to win the title.

If I was WWE leading up to the Lesnar/Orton match I'd book Mark Hunt to come do some celeb sidekick work to bring some heat to the match by having him in Orton's corner or there as a distraction to Lesnar.

Maybe he can run over Lesnar like he did to Austin in 1999. ;)

Just have him sitting ringside doing special commentary with his mate Jake.

2-Once-Were-Warriors-quotes.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back