Remove this Banner Ad

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
Not going to watch Lesnar v. Orton because that would require watching Lesnar v. Orton.

Even so, the Lesnar shtick is dead. It was great against Cena, when it was a fresh surprise, but since then it has gotten more and more bland.

It was dead for me as soon as they marketed 'Suplex City'.

wasupwidat

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Lakers
Just caught up after watching a bit before work and a bit after.

JeriKO are great.
Cena and Styles put on a great match and is up there for the year. Styles is great.
Liked the surprise of Charlotte winning.
Not a fan of the tag title result.
Surprised Nicki actually got a decent pop, loved the Eva troll yet again.
Again, liked the surprise of Finn winning.
Like the idea of a red title for Raw and blue for Smackdown, but the execution absolutely sucks!
Only word to describe that last half hour is wow, and not in a good way.
Once again, NXT stole the show this weekend.

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
Big Dave Meltz

Obviously the idea was to get hardway blood. The elbow was designed to cut him open, and I don't know how badly [Orton] was hurt. Obviously he was selling and they were trying to work the idea that he was knocked out and they had to stop the match, and from what I can gather due to no one talking about anything going awry, that was probably close to what was supposed to happen, if not exactly what was supposed to happen... there was no doubt that [Lesnar] was looking to open him up."

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Watched 4 matches, pretty much lived up to expectations

Ziggler vs Ambrose - just bizarre, Ziggler was so boring. Was Anbrose supposed to be a heel? I liked some of his heelish things, freshened things up, but I didn't get the point of it. The whacky line is awful and flailing on the rail was awful. This guy sucks so much.

Rollins v Balor - anyone who likes this is an absolute hypocrite. I'm done with Raw while The Demon King is champion. Michael Cole was at pains to say that the demon king was different, but in reality he's the exact same boring vanilla midget. He's the new Rey Mysterio, just pushing demon merch. Can someone please explain how this mega push is at all justifiable? A smarky Brooklyn crowd weren't even into it. Boring match with no story at all.

Reings vs Rusev - a bit weird, but the spear was cool. Good to see Reings being more aggressive.

Orton v Lesnar - first of all, it makes both heavyweight belts look like trash when you've got two legit wrestlers main eventing over four Internet darling short people who all would've been cruiser weights 10 years ago.

I thought the match was fun and best match of the night. Orton did some really cool moves and the match looked really rough compared to the other gymnastic matches. I enjoyed the ending and it was clearly a work, just too much blood.

Overall, utter garbo for the 2nd biggest show of the year. Get some storylines or don't bother with a fake sport. I'll watch Lesnar's next fight because at least he makes it believable. Midget Demon King as champion is so stupid, imagine him cutting 20 minute promos to start Raw. Can't wait to see Authority vs the Demon King

Dont know how to feel about the PPV

JeriKO vs Enzo and Cass was good
Styles vs Cena match of the night
Balor vs Rollins was ok
Charlotte vs Banks probably 2nd best match
Ziggler vs Ambrose was trash
Lesnar vs Orton was good until the finish

They had 3 matches have no finish that's ******* lazy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they're supposedly all about stopping the risk of concussions yet they think it's a good idea to let a guy with roid rage elbow someone in the head to get blood?

lol. Ok, WWE.

May 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Watched 4 matches, pretty much lived up to expectations

Ziggler vs Ambrose - just bizarre, Ziggler was so boring. Was Anbrose supposed to be a heel? I liked some of his heelish things, freshened things up, but I didn't get the point of it. The whacky line is awful and flailing on the rail was awful. This guy sucks so much.

Rollins v Balor - anyone who likes this is an absolute hypocrite. I'm done with Raw while The Demon King is champion. Michael Cole was at pains to say that the demon king was different, but in reality he's the exact same boring vanilla midget. He's the new Rey Mysterio, just pushing demon merch. Can someone please explain how this mega push is at all justifiable? A smarky Brooklyn crowd weren't even into it. Boring match with no story at all.

Reings vs Rusev - a bit weird, but the spear was cool. Good to see Reings being more aggressive.

Orton v Lesnar - first of all, it makes both heavyweight belts look like trash when you've got two legit wrestlers main eventing over four Internet darling short people who all would've been cruiser weights 10 years ago.

I thought the match was fun and best match of the night. Orton did some really cool moves and the match looked really rough compared to the other gymnastic matches. I enjoyed the ending and it was clearly a work, just too much blood.

Overall, utter garbo for the 2nd biggest show of the year. Get some storylines or don't bother with a fake sport. I'll watch Lesnar's next fight because at least he makes it believable. Midget Demon King as champion is so stupid, imagine him cutting 20 minute promos to start Raw. Can't wait to see Authority vs the Demon King
Wait, so, you DIDN'T enjoy the show??
Well that's unexpected...

So they're supposedly all about stopping the risk of concussions yet they think it's a good idea to let a guy with roid rage elbow someone in the head to get blood?

^

And they deserve everything thrown at them for deciding it was a good idea, as they do for basically everything involving Lesnar for the past while.

Especially because it was something that could so obviously go wrong, and (shock horror) it did! And that choice meant that everything about the ending went wrong. Orton went legit down, so Heyman had to tell Lesnar what to do until management came up with a solution (hence Bork punching pretty gently), until out comes Shane with the easy F5 solution which they can then use down the track.

Should've been Cena and Styles to close.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Seth ripped on the NYC crowd on Twitter, also:

image.jpg

No one blades there, or that deep and jagged.

Fella called New Jack would like to have a word with you.

Right, so I've seen a few Finn Balor matches here and there, but I've never gotten the full story behind the demon king thing. In kayfabe, is he meant to be like a split personality thing where the demon takes over him? Or is he just a dude who paints himself up when he needs to get a bit more intense? The demon is a cool gimmick, but when he's just a normal dude half the time it's a little confusing to understand.

mitchzz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Just finished watching

Cena vs Styles match of the night - amazing stuff, closely followed by Banks/Charlotte - I liked the finish in this match too

Ziggler vs Ambrose was awful man. Ambrose's moves are so boring, and is he a heel now?

Jeri-KO is real good but KO needs to move up the card. Unless they make them go for the tag belts?

Also the Finn Balor win seems a little soon but we'll see.

Ljc_86

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just finished watching

Cena vs Styles match of the night - amazing stuff, closely followed by Banks/Charlotte - I liked the finish in this match too

Ziggler vs Ambrose was awful man. Ambrose's moves are so boring, and is he a heel now?

Jeri-KO is real good but KO needs to move up the card. Unless they make them go for the tag belts?

Also the Finn Balor win seems a little soon but we'll see.

Walked in to the show kinda interested in Ambrose, seeing him live has turned me off. Was over the top and acting like he was a veteran. Crowd wanted ziggler to take the win so bad. Poor ziggler needs to get out of WWE so bad, that or start wrestling as Colonel Sanders.

Styles and Cena was off the charts man, crowd was electric and the clean finish was icing on top.

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
I don't think they will be that upset with Lesner, after all they like the fact that he won his last UFC bout and keep telling us he is the beast. It actually plays to his character really well.

Back