Netball Suncorp Super Netball 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Might be time for a thread dedicated to the new netball league. To be honest, thought the ANZ championship was a good introduction to netball in Australia (and New Zealand).

In saying that, Netball Australia is riding the coat tails of the AFL and the new AFLW on top of the success from local football & netball clubs around the country.

Collingwood the clear favorite early doors (and why not with that line up), but looking at the other teams, surely you could make a case for the Fever, Firebirds, Lightning as smokeys?

The key will be how the unknown quantities perform amongst each teams stars.

That Collingwood squad is absurd though;

GK: Sharni Layton (captain)
GD: Michaela Wilson
WD: Shae Brown (nee Bolton)
C: Kim Ravillion
WA: Maddi Robinson (vice captain)
GA: Alice Teague - Neeld
GS: Caitlin Thwaites

Depth: Cody Lange, April Brandley, Ash Brazil
Development Squad: Sharni Lambden, Matilda Garrett, Ella Bayliss, Sam Gooden

Gee whiz, that was some good stuff that!

Tell you what, it's a bit weird seeing the Pies and Vixens square off like this. In their inaugural season, the two were allies, and now Collingwood has its own team!

In this case, I'm sticking loyal with the Vixens here, and well, hot dog, wasn't that fun?

Wouldn't mind at all to see both teams 1-2 come the end of the season.

Sunshine Coast Lightning win 65 - 48.

Karl Mostert awarded player of the match - very bizarre choice.

Whilst I was barracking hard for the Lightning, I do feel sorry for most of the Giants side, except Jo Harten - she comes across as vile.

Something I truly miss is the competition with NZ involvement but I do realise this comp is primarily about the strengthening of netball in Australia, so with that in mind we now look forward to the Diamonds series.

Bump

Anyone keeping tabs on season 2? Collingwood faultering round 1.. again

Gee whiz Gretel Tippet is an indightment on the Firebirds team. They should be dominating todays game (currently 26 - 21 3:15 left in the 2nd)

Gretel dominated the 2nd qtr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure if I like this points/quarter won crap.
If you look at the Vixens v Swifts game, NSW were well in it but only came away with one point.
But, it was a ripping game and result of course!

Imagine the AFL doing this? It's a brilliant concept..

Obviously not so much for the poorer clubs like my own

Vixens giving the ladder leading Fever a reality check with a 26 - 13 second quarter demolition.

Feel the Vixens have given the competition a blueprint of how to dismantle the Fever front court.

Tegan Phillip back to her dominating back, the Vixens mid court were brilliant, the acquistion of Renae Ingles (nee Hallihan) has been inspirational, just knows how to play WD.

Vixens giving the ladder leading Fever a reality check with a 26 - 13 second quarter demolition.

Feel the Vixens have given the competition a blueprint of how to dismantle the Fever front court.

Tegan Phillip back to her dominating back, the Vixens mid court were brilliant, the acquistion of Renae Ingles (nee Hallihan) has been inspirational, just knows how to play WD.
When you have a competent mid court that can shutdown the opposing mid court and feed, you shut down JF.

It's amazing it's taken so long to happen at club level yet happens so easily at international level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back