Remove this Banner Ad

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Me and a few mates are thinking about having a kick this year and we've got no idea where to start in terms of finding a club. Tried looking for 2018 league results but even there we don't seem to find anything as the FFV site is just Saturday state leagues. Was hoping someone on here would be able to help?

Guido

Premium Gold
Aug 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Leros United
Me and a few mates are thinking about having a kick this year and we've got no idea where to start in terms of finding a club. Tried looking for 2018 league results but even there we don't seem to find anything as the FFV site is just Saturday state leagues. Was hoping someone on here would be able to help?

Vicsoccer is a fantastic federation with quite a few leagues. The better leagues would probably be equivalent to State League 5 in the FFV.

List of clubs in that federation below:

http://www.vicsoccer.com/common/pages/public/rv/EntryList.aspx?entityid=38190&

The player rego fees will typically be cheaper at these clubs as well.

FFV also has Metropolitan comps on Sundays (typically quite a step below state league) as well as Masters leagues (strictly Over 35s).

The club I'm at has teams in both federations, so I can give you some recommendations on well managed clubs depending on what area your in.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Vicsoccer is a fantastic federation with quite a few leagues. The better leagues would probably be equivalent to State League 5 in the FFV.

List of clubs in that federation below:

http://www.vicsoccer.com/common/pages/public/rv/EntryList.aspx?entityid=38190&

The player rego fees will typically be cheaper at these clubs as well.

FFV also has Metropolitan comps on Sundays (typically quite a step below state league) as well as Masters leagues (strictly Over 35s).

The club I'm at has teams in both federations, so I can give you some recommendations on well managed clubs depending on what area your in.
Thanks for the info. Looking around the inner northern suburbs. Found vic soccer today and had the following clubs in mind

Thornbury Utd
West Brunswick
North Melbourne Atheltic

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks for the info. Looking around the inner northern suburbs. Found vic soccer today and had the following clubs in mind

Thornbury Utd
West Brunswick
North Melbourne Atheltic
West Brunswick play on artificial turf and are probably one of the better teams. Any reason you don't want to play Saturdays?

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
We’re all a bit average and don’t want to train more than once a week
Haha, that's fair enough. Wouldn't stress too much about not being up to the VicSoccer standard, had a friend play in it and watched a few times and it wasn't great but good enough for it to be enjoyable and that's what it's about. Not sure if it still is but was somewhat of a Church league.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Ended up too hard to find league info and went back to playing footy.

Next season join a team in Melbourne Chinese Soccer Assiciation. They have a division for west / nth west teams, all games are played at the same venue. 3 referees for every match and very well organized. Dont be put off by the Melbourne Chinese moniker either, teams from just about every background in Melbourne playing in it.

Next season join a team in Melbourne Chinese Soccer Assiciation. They have a division for west / nth west teams, all games are played at the same venue. 3 referees for every match and very well organized. Dont be put off by the Melbourne Chinese moniker either, teams from just about every background in Melbourne playing in it.

This. I played the last 1.5 seasons (before doing my ACL :'() and it's great, especially for someone like myself who had never played before then.

jd2010 feel free to PM if you want more info.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I dont think cruffy has ever been looking to play. I might get the itch again next year, just finished my footy season and looking forward to having my full weekend back again for now

Always good to have a full weekend to do stuff when the weather is better. Do you play any summer sports? I used to play pennant tennis at a decent level during university years early 20's but I just cbf now with a busy lifestyle. Better to relax come summer.

Check out MCSA teams that play out of JJ Holland Reserve Kensington and Ross Straw Reserve, probably easiest to get to if you live out in the NW region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Always good to have a full weekend to do stuff when the weather is better. Do you play any summer sports? I used to play pennant tennis at a decent level during university years early 20's but I just cbf now with a busy lifestyle. Better to relax come summer.

Check out MCSA teams that play out of JJ Holland Reserve Kensington and Ross Straw Reserve, probably easiest to get to if you live out in the NW region.
I'm SE now.

Nah haven't played summer sports since cricket as a teenager. Way too much to do on weekends once spring and summer kick in

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I'm SE now.

Nah haven't played summer sports since cricket as a teenager. Way too much to do on weekends once spring and summer kick in

What sort of club are you looking for? Having a beer after training important? Taking it seriously? Can recommend a suitable club for you to consider for season 2020 (will need your general area)

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
What sort of club are you looking for? Having a beer after training important? Taking it seriously? Can recommend a suitable club for you to consider for season 2020 (will need your general area)
Not too sure if I'll go back for one more season of footy. Was 50/50 before playing this season which I would play but i did miss being back playing local footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back