Sunraysia Cricket Association

Lad of the Manor

Debutant
Oct 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Saw jason eagle ripped it up in the 2nds for irymple on the weekend its just a shame for them that he never turns up because he could easily be a 1s player

fatgutz

Debutant
Oct 27, 2007
Mildura Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Dave Hogarth should letsomekids play in the firsts! hasn't made many runs for years ! bit like the bobby parkers and aron walders of this league! just in cos of their names!!!!!!!!

Harry29

All Australian
Aug 16, 2006
Left of Centre
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Merbein, Meringur , Manangatang
Dave Hogarth should letsomekids play in the firsts! hasn't made many runs for years ! bit like the bobby parkers and aron walders of this league! just in cos of their names!!!!!!!!

You're probably right, but I have played my share of lower grade games, even a fourths game last year. As a matter of fact I have tried to have a season off a couple of times, but lack of numbers has forced me to play so as to ensure we have 4 teams. Our juniors (U/17) unfortunatley have had to merge with Commealla Wentworth, so we are struggling there as well. We do push our juniors through so they play at the highest level they are capable of, just like Adam Thomson & Chris Prevedello who are both playing 1st Division at the moment, one is keeping and batting 4 and the other is opening the bowling. You say you are a Merbein person so surely you would have been aware of this. Also my first name has two A's. :D

fatgutz

Debutant
Oct 27, 2007
Mildura Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
true harry sorry dude ! 1 too many light beers when i wrote this! nar you guys have been the forefront for the merbein cricket club for along time, and hopefully you guys will get back to being a batting force like guys used to be ! hopefully ! no you have done it tough over the last few years! i do wanna see bobby make another 100 and yourself it's been awhile but i think you can still get one! Be good to have you guys back and play for the Merve Neagle Merbein Football Club!!!!!! cheers!:thumbsu:

aussie_rules

Debutant
Nov 14, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Imperialsfc, Essendonfc,
Geez just reading the points made in here sad about the Merbein under 17's merging!! anyway the future will hopefully be better, it's good to see real local people helping out their teams in need ! Setts have always had alot of people at trainng and in their teams maybe they or other clubs could spread out their players and help other clubs that are struggling!

any way my top 4 after reading the last few posts

Gol Gol
West
Merbein South - sounds like they need some good batting perfomances as they have such a lot of good talent in their side!
Coomealla/Wenthworh

Gol-Gol V Merbein South for the flag! :thumbsu:

EARLE

Draftee
Nov 19, 2007
Mildura
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Gee Fatgutz, you're a bit harsh on Hogarth I think. He's only won back to back Innes Medal's a few years ago and made "Team of the Year" last season. As for playings kids, there is Cameron, Hancock, Shepherd, Leske, Mcphee. How many kids do youy want in the side? I think he coached just about all of these kids aswell.........As for Aaron Walder and Bobby Parker -Not really in the same league as Hogarth. I think both would admit that.

Peter Mac

Debutant
May 9, 2006
Australia
Other Teams
Trentham Cliffs Mullets
Hogarth still goes ok! Just because he has no hair doesn't mean he can't play cricket anymore. Workers all energy going 1 direction amazing what a difference it can make. Definately the team to beat, must admit Hogarth lucky to make team of the year last year, there was another old bloke who made more runs at a better ave, and captained a premiership side, although he is prone to upsetting hierachies

Lad of the Manor

Debutant
Oct 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Hogarth still goes ok! Just because he has no hair doesn't mean he can't play cricket anymore. Workers all energy going 1 direction amazing what a difference it can make. Definately the team to beat, must admit Hogarth lucky to make team of the year last year, there was another old bloke who made more runs at a better ave, and captained a premiership side, although he is prone to upsetting hierachies
Not sure about Workers being the team to beat but the reigning premiers are still looking alright and have won their last 2 games by 300+ runs. They are definitely travelling alright. Throw in a quality spinner in Fowle and they are almost a better side than last year and with Williams in amazing form they are the team to beat

EARLE

Draftee
Nov 19, 2007
Mildura
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I agree "Lad of the Manor". I think West are the team to beat. They are probably looking better than last year. Hayden Rigby is a huge bonus for them. Did you happen to see the local sports wrap on WIN News Monday night? Mark O'Donnell copped a gem from the pommie recruit that nearly took his head off. Not a bad effort for a flat Wenty track.

EARLE

Draftee
Nov 19, 2007
Mildura
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey does anyone know this Gascoyne bloke who plays at East? Ran into a few of the Workers Gol Gol and Settlers boys on New Years Eve and he's not the most favourite cricketer going around. He's apparently telling people they offered him cash to play with them this season. Who does this bloke think he is? Shane Warne!!!!!

Lad of the Manor

Debutant
Oct 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey does anyone know this Gascoyne bloke who plays at East? Ran into a few of the Workers Gol Gol and Settlers boys on New Years Eve and he's not the most favourite cricketer going around. He's apparently telling people they offered him cash to play with them this season. Who does this bloke think he is? Shane Warne!!!!!

He certainly is not shane warne because he bowls off spin for a start :D His not a bad kid but it seems he has had some sort of falling out down at east n i would not be surprised if he lined up for irymple in 2008/09. On his day though he is up there with the best spinners in the sca but there is no spinners here that demand to be paid to played including fowle from west

Lad of the Manor

Debutant
Oct 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Geez just reading the points made in here sad about the Merbein under 17's merging!! anyway the future will hopefully be better, it's good to see real local people helping out their teams in need ! Setts have always had alot of people at trainng and in their teams maybe they or other clubs could spread out their players and help other clubs that are struggling!

any way my top 4 after reading the last few posts

Gol Gol
West
Merbein South - sounds like they need some good batting perfomances as they have such a lot of good talent in their side!
Coomealla/Wenthworh

Gol-Gol V Merbein South for the flag! :thumbsu:

It looks like you were a far way off the mark. Congratulations to Settlers on their first premiership in something like 20 years.

Uncanny

Draftee
May 1, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
already heard on the grapevine that workers have a couple of recruits in the pipeline, i have also heard West have lost a few which will hurt them badly.

Duff14

Draftee
Apr 15, 2008
Mildura
AFL Club
Collingwood
[already heard on the grapevine that workers have a couple of recruits in the pipeline, i have also heard West have lost a few which will hurt them badly.

Any news on who will be the team to beat in 2008/09? Any word of new recuits?
:)

Lad of the Manor

Debutant
Oct 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
[already heard on the grapevine that workers have a couple of recruits in the pipeline, i have also heard West have lost a few which will hurt them badly.

Any news on who will be the team to beat in 2008/09? Any word of new recuits?
:)

Apparently Workers have got an import coming from England not sure if he is batter or bowler but he played over there with one of their local boys. Apparently county standard. Setts have lost Maregwede for obvious reasons and Peter O'Donnell and Mark Kerr might slide into the lower grades. West have lost Skinner for university, Fowle probably not returning and Rayfield probably won't be back after a massive blue with president and i dunno if speedy is still goin. Thats all i know and Ben Walters might be heading over to Adelaide to try his luck at grade cricket. If West still have Williams and Sippel i believe they will still be the team to beat

tockly

Draftee
Jun 25, 2008
mildura
AFL Club
Collingwood
Season should be alot more even this year l'd think with West losing Ty Rayfield, Chris Durbridge, Wilbur, one of the Skinner boys, Andrew Green, Michael Downes and the Pommy spinner is apparently not returning, but has apparently picked up Alistair from Setts. Merbein apparently haven't picked up much but has lost Jeremy Weinert to lrymple. Coomie has lost Ben Walters to Adelaide. East has picked up 2 imports and Jason Harris has returned.

Back