Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pleasing some of you blokes. Complaining all summer that there is no rain then we get some and you are still complaining. Fair dinkum what is the league supposed to do. Grounds all over Victoria have become bog holes over the weekend because the grass cannot grow because we have stuff all rain then we get some and forty blokes with footy boots chop em up. Nothing can be done about it

Don't think anyone is complaining about the rain mate. The problem was that the league watered the square a day or 2 before hand turning in into a giant piece of sh*t. And the venue itself copped the same criticism last year, not the ideal ground to host a finals series but thats up to the league.

Yeah im still kicking also guys just been abit tied up.

Just to clear some things up the Finals have nothing to do with the Irymple football club at all. Its soley run by the SFL and tendered out. Clubs or business that are willing to pay win the tenders and then the finals take place.

Irymple is used for the sol reason that cars can be keept out, Keeping cars out keeps booze out. Keeping booze out means that no one is hammered drunk before the booths even open. Keeping cars out also reduces the SFL's liability issues.

Not only that but Irymple is also the only venue with a proper netball court and clearly the best change room facilites for both teams and the umps.

Get a clear day on saturday and with the robinvale support base you will see and hear the full effects of playing at Irymple i think it will be an absoulute belter.

It has rained 1 finals game in the last 12 to 16 finals matches you cant help bad luck.

Yeah im still kicking also guys just been abit tied up.

Just to clear some things up the Finals have nothing to do with the Irymple football club at all. Its soley run by the SFL and tendered out. Clubs or business that are willing to pay win the tenders and then the finals take place.

Irymple is used for the sol reason that cars can be keept out, Keeping cars out keeps booze out. Keeping booze out means that no one is hammered drunk before the booths even open. Keeping cars out also reduces the SFL's liability issues.

Not only that but Irymple is also the only venue with a proper netball court and clearly the best change room facilites for both teams and the umps.

Get a clear day on saturday and with the robinvale support base you will see and hear the full effects of playing at Irymple i think it will be an absoulute belter.

It has rained 1 finals game in the last 12 to 16 finals matches you cant help bad luck.
I'm not against the ground, I question the room facilities, I question the fact that the ground was watered on the days prior to the games, the car park was a bog, the park for trainers etc was a bog, security is there to check for alcohol being smuggled in, there was no shelter provided for inclement weather, given the fact that it had been raining most of the night prior, there were bugger all spectators at the venue, perhaps in hind sight the money should have been spent on no1 facilities instead of red cliffs, especially when the visiting sides are still stuck in the hovel out the back.
What does the ground look like at the moment Delray?

I'm not against the ground, I question the room facilities, I question the fact that the ground was watered on the days prior to the games, the car park was a bog, the park for trainers etc was a bog, security is there to check for alcohol being smuggled in, there was no shelter provided for inclement weather, given the fact that it had been raining most of the night prior, there were bugger all spectators at the venue, perhaps in hind sight the money should have been spent on no1 facilities instead of red cliffs, especially when the visiting sides are still stuck in the hovel out the back.
What does the ground look like at the moment Delray?

To save all the arguements, hows about we all chip in for buses and we'll get the finals relocated to telstradome next year. I heard Congo has resigned, so get young Luke from the Millewa FL and McDonalds might even come on board to sponsor such a move.
Must admit, I forgot my stubby holder and my hands were fuc#%n freezin

Yeah well the shelter is certanliy an issue which i hope can be fixed for the future. The car park nothing will change there unless some1 wins tatslotto maybe they could park on the secondary collage oval for a small fee.

Trained on the oval last night it was actually a touch hard im asumming some water will be put on it today and it will be in mint condition for the big clash tomorrow.

Security gaurds cant stop people bringing in slabs when there hidden under the seats ect.

Yeah well the shelter is certanliy an issue which i hope can be fixed for the future. The car park nothing will change there unless some1 wins tatslotto maybe they could park on the secondary collage oval for a small fee.

Trained on the oval last night it was actually a touch hard im asumming some water will be put on it today and it will be in mint condition for the big clash tomorrow.

Security gaurds cant stop people bringing in slabs when there hidden under the seats ect.

Someone just put some water on it quite a bit actually. but now the suns out and alls right with the world.

Where did they have the booth at no.1 and where would you go there if it rained. Remember the grandstand was a dry area in more ways than one.

Well what an anti clymax the grand final was Imps were just far to good but all in all i think the day was fantastic. From all reports the SFL was extremly happy with the crowd and everything seemed to go real well.

I think the big screen was a great idea and the oval was in the best possible shape.

So now i suppose the silly season will begin again do we think there will be any movemet at the top at any club.

Well what an anti clymax the grand final was Imps were just far to good but all in all i think the day was fantastic. From all reports the SFL was extremly happy with the crowd and everything seemed to go real well.

I think the big screen was a great idea and the oval was in the best possible shape.

So now i suppose the silly season will begin again do we think there will be any movemet at the top at any club.

The big screen was a fantastic addition although what on earth was that stupid clapping and car honking crap that came out of the speakers after every goal was kicked? The only thing close to being worse than that was the Harleys at half time. The crowd seemed pretty big although not as large (i feel) as back in the days of number 1. Does anyone have a crowd figure?

I guess it's just me but I missed the atmosphere of number 1 oval. With everyone smuggling in alcohol it was always like a party atmosphere and it didn't matter whether the game was close or not. The cars parked around the oval and the small drinks vans are what I missed too, as well as the odd beach ball being kicked onto the oval and the lads hassling the security guards.

This idea of turning the Grand Final into a "family day" made it quite sterile for mine ...

I guess it's just me but I missed the atmosphere of number 1 oval. With everyone smuggling in alcohol it was always like a party atmosphere and it didn't matter whether the game was close or not. The cars parked around the oval and the small drinks vans are what I missed too, as well as the odd beach ball being kicked onto the oval and the lads hassling the security guards.

This idea of turning the Grand Final into a "family day" made it quite sterile for mine ...[/quote]

I agree the whole finals series has a different feeling out there.
I hear Ouyen are already throwing some fair coin around for next season to SFL players and some ex locals are high on their shopping list.

Still about. Still read the posts, just don't find a lot to respond to. Not a great deal of footy discussion goes on anymore.

Can you shed any light on the coach's & their departure?
Interestingly reported in the paper and on the radio this morning, radio and paper both "pumping it up" with "DUMPED".
I'm sure their possible availability for next year will catch the attention of the other 7 SFL sides!

Well what about the news in the back of the Sunraysia Daliy today who would have thought hey.

Very big call they must have a gun lined up. My mail was that they had spoken to R/Vales big man but surely he will remain there after this year sucess.

If they dont land some1 they may have shot themselves in the foot reading the paper the two sounded shocked and may not play with the dees. that should spark up some conversation around town.

Still about. Still read the posts, just don't find a lot to respond to. Not a great deal of footy discussion goes on anymore.

Can you shed any light on the coach's & their departure?
Interestingly reported in the paper and on the radio this morning, radio and paper both "pumping it up" with "DUMPED".
I'm sure their possible availability for next year will catch the attention of the other 7 SFL sides!

Not really. There is no deeper story. The club decided against re-appointment and the boys are disappointed. Thats all I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. There is no deeper story. The club decided against re-appointment and the boys are disappointed. Thats all I know.

I respect that as your answer, but for someone looking at it as an outsider, got wonder, You & O'Bree win the club their first flag since players use to nail studs into boots, and 12 months later not good enough to lead the club?

Surely some of the leadership boys would have been consulted i mean the coach/s can only do so much.

They must have a gun linned up thats all i say. Im hearing a guy that is playing cricket for west is ment to be a gun and could be the man has any1 heard anything

It is all about rumors and innuendo from now on. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story boys, let the silly season begin.:)

Anyway getting back on the Mildura coaches surprise departure, the club must have someone in mind. You don't just turn your back on the current coaches so quickly without someone ready to go. Otherwise they could be left waiting, just like Robinvale this season.(who were very lucky to accquire a strong leader at the last minute)

You must remember that Imps tried hard the to get a new coach last year(well at least thats the impression they gave).
I reckon new recruits (let alone coaches) will be few and far between next year. Jobs will be at a premium so if you can grab someone that comes into town with a job (or is already here like Moncour) your doing well. Even better if his partners got one too. I believe Moncour is contracted for two years. (could be got around I suppose )
The length of the season for 2009 could be a bit up in the air as well. eighteen games at $??? could be worth more than 14 at $???.
Ok so after all that I reckon if clubs are reasonably happy with the current coach I'd keep him, replacements could be scarce.
Which clubs would posibly be after a new coach??
Imps ..could be Shamus didn't want it this year
Robinvale..I think they'd want to keep the current one but the Mildura one could be tempting for Moncour if they can get around the contract.
Wenty.. they'll keep Alvey.
Mildura .. obvious

After that you have a crack.

Read with interest on the Bendigo Advertiser website that the newly formed Strathfieldsaye Football Club has been entered into the Bendigo Football League for season 2009 and had Jordon Doering almost over the line until last Sunday when he informed the club he was pulling out due to personal reasons. As the Mildura FC has a family connection, one wonders whether it's just coincidence.

I respect that as your answer, but for someone looking at it as an outsider, got wonder, You & O'Bree win the club their first flag since players use to nail studs into boots, and 12 months later not good enough to lead the club?

I do remember hearing mid year that the committee at Mildura weren't happy with the amount of time Danny was spending with his harness racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back