Entertainment & Music Sunrise TV show

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
2-15tqqoq.jpg

oh boy the heinous s**t i would do to these two :)

Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apart from Koch's finance background, are any of these people capable of giving anything resembling a real insight? They all look like they'd struggle to operate a microwave. Though, stefanovic is good for a laugh at his robotic antics.

This has probably been posted somewhere else, but I think it does a good job of showing how morning hosts cope when they are challenged to attempt to do something beyond inane chatter.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
There is a famous example of Larry Emdur being generously fed a juicy bit of news by a politician, and completely missing it. Would be eaten alive on the ABC or something.

I don't mind ABC News Breakfast. The presenters there usually know what they are talking about, it's leagues ahead of the others. While the female co-host could be accused of being a bit of a battleaxe, she is very opinionated and intelligent which is frankly refreshing compared to the usual Sunrise/Today crap. That said, I couldn't sit down and watch a 3 hour entire show. Especially Sunrise. Maybe an hour tops, but more than that progresses into torture.

That said, Samantha Armitage was deserving of the promotion imo. She managed to work gracefully alongside Andrew O'Keefe for what the last 2 years? Everyone else that co-hosts with him struggles to keep up with his look-at-me humour, or appears to despise his spontaneity (Natalie Barr). Armitage knew how to handle him, and is more interesting than Mel Doyle appears to be. From a business standpoint, no issue with it. Although Armitage and Koch together doesn't seem suitable (haven't watched Sunrise recently).
I also think Jessica Rowe seems like a really nice person.

There is a famous example of Larry Emdur being generously fed a juicy bit of news by a politician, and completely missing it. Would be eaten alive on the ABC or something.

I don't mind ABC News Breakfast. The presenters there usually know what they are talking about, it's leagues ahead of the others. While the female co-host could be accused of being a bit of a battleaxe, she is very opinionated and intelligent which is frankly refreshing compared to the usual Sunrise/Today crap. That said, I couldn't sit down and watch a 3 hour entire show. Especially Sunrise. Maybe an hour tops, but more than that progresses into torture.

That said, Samantha Armitage was deserving of the promotion imo. She managed to work gracefully alongside Andrew O'Keefe for what the last 2 years? Everyone else that co-hosts with him struggles to keep up with his look-at-me humour, or appears to despise his spontaneity (Natalie Barr). Armitage knew how to handle him, and is more interesting than Mel Doyle appears to be. From a business standpoint, no issue with it. Although Armitage and Koch together doesn't seem suitable (haven't watched Sunrise recently).
I also think Jessica Rowe seems like a really nice person.
Virginia Trioli is not a battleaxe!!!!! How dare you. She's the thinking man's totty.

bunsen burner

Hall of Famer
Veteran 30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 12, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
They just seem like regular looking Mums to me. I guessing that's part of the reason they got the job.

Snobs with fake smiles. This morning Barr was rabbiting on about the royal baby like it was the most important thing since boobs. At least the men (Baretta and Reeve) had the respect to go along with it even if they don't care. But when the guys talk about anything guy-ish both these women give them the "omg you dumb man, as if anyone cares what you think" 15 year old insolent schoolgirl look.

Simply nauseating and can't believe the shows producers haven't picked it up and told them to stop being female dogs.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Sunrise is a collection of really annoying personalities. The best thing they did was get rid of that Mel and replace her with Armytage though. Couldn't stand her. As annoying as most of them are, I still usually have it on for 5 minutes or so in the morning to see if there are any new news headlines while I'm getting a bite to eat. The Today show just seems like something from the 90s.

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
I used to watch it, before i'd leave for school back in high school. It would only be on to see what the time was before i left.

People on the show just seem to fake and predictable to me, very cringeworthy and i don't know how people can relate to them.

Other than that i would also do unspeakable acts on her.

661018-mel-doyle-to-leave-seven-039-s-sunrise.jpg

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
I used to watch it, before i'd leave for school back in high school. It would only be on to see what the time was before i left.

People on the show just seem to fake and predictable to me, very cringeworthy and i don't know how people can relate to them.

Other than that i would also do unspeakable acts on her.

661018-mel-doyle-to-leave-seven-039-s-sunrise.jpg

Some nice lighting helps a lot I guess.

079664-mel-039-s-protector-splash.jpg

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Well to be fair, waking up around 3-4am 5 days a week for years on end cant be good. Mel Doyle has been doing Sunrise for a long time as well. They have to travel to work, do all the makeup, then be on air at 6am (brutal). On air 15 hours a week is also more than most other TV personalities.

I get up just after 5am most work days and I feel spent at the end of the week.

Back